• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta int'l jumpseat question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks everybody! Last my friend checked, there are 9 seats in Biz and 10 in the back with 11 listed. Obviously, these numbers are a moving target, so I will make my decision the night prior as recommended.

Can someone tell me if I purchase a buddy pass, does my check-in time at the airport have any bearing on where I fall in the pecking order. I realize buddies are pretty far down the list (but on top of OAL j/s), but was wondering if another buddy pass traveller will be ahead of me based on check-in time at the airport rather than DOH.

Thanks again!

No bearing at all....

Thanks everybody! Last my friend checked, there are 9 seats in Biz and 10 in the back with 11 listed. Obviously, these numbers are a moving target, so I will make my decision the night prior as recommended.

Can someone tell me if I purchase a buddy pass, does my check-in time at the airport have any bearing on where I fall in the pecking order. I realize buddies are pretty far down the list (but on top of OAL j/s), but was wondering if another buddy pass traveller will be ahead of me based on check-in time at the airport rather than DOH.

Thanks again!

Time of airport checkin or listing has no bearing at all as long as you meet the 75 mins cutoff. Once you checkin, you go from the meal listing to the "airport list" which is again sorted by priority and then DOH. I've been on the list with people who just show up without a listing and keep on bumping me down, and sometimes people who have listed miss the earlier connection etc, so you really never know until 60 mins prior on an international flight and 15 mins prior on a domestic.
If you are on a buddy pass, you'll have more chance of first class, because they will assign all of the FC first then go to coach, so if FC is full of pass riders, there won't be any seats for JS's.
Best of luck, have a blast!
Hope your FA "friend" is hot!

Used to be....

I thought it was list in F unless traveling with a child less than 10 yrs old.

That is what the Shanghai Ticket Counter told us when we were traveling back from China with our newly adopted daughter in March.

Used to be 12, but with the "one great team" merger of pass bene's DAL adopted NW's 6 yr old and above policy (I believe) in June.

Travelnet automated to catch this as well, so if less than 6 as a passrider, cannot even be listed as FC.

Congrats on your adoption! Hope you are getting some sleep!
Luv

If offline J/S, you can't list ahead of time on a Delta plane (unless thats been fixed, and is like NW). Some foreign airports with contract ticket counters (AMS comes to mind) will have issues with you not in the computer. Leaving the states you need the $0 taxes paid coupon and agents will not assign you business or first. There HAS to be a seat open in coach or a supervisor HAS to personally assign you the front seat to get on when coach is full. This apparently is not a problem out of Europe. Stupid... 75 min check in requirement is not legitimate in all situations. Buy chocolates!

I always bring chocolates etc. Works most of the time, except had an ATL BEEATCH lead scoff at me and made sure I had a miserable flight in back under a dripping a/c duct with 20 open seats up front! The rest of the crew was great but kept applogizing for her utter rudeness! The most horrid lack of professional courtesy I have ever seen on an American airline! While most grateful for the ride regardless of what cabin I was sitting in, there was no excuse for her behavior. I will never nonrev via ATL ever again!

Latest resources

Back