• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta in LAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree NU that this award was fair, but if DL is going to park something that we all knew would be parked, that doesn't mean our guys should take a hit.

Bye Bye--General Lee

GL,

Not to put words in Nu's mouth, but I don't think he thinks the SLI was fair and equitable, but if it makes you feel better...

Please tell me how you guys DIDN'T make out on this SLI. We took hits for the fact that Delta Air Lines may park the 742s. It is clearly spelled out in the award. Why are you looking to extract more out of my a$$? Give it a rest!

If DALPA wants to open up the books again and arbitrate this matter we are getting drawn into another modern day RED vs. GREEN show. Do you agree? Do we really want this? I think not.

I think we all need to take LM at his word and imagine this was a fair and equitable deal, move along, and just be happy.

You sound really greedy and apathetic to FNWA pilots when you post this stuff. We had career expectations just like you. We got a crap award and now you want more? UNBELIEVABLE

My advice to you is to take a look around and try to be happy with what you got. You are in good shape. Try to look at things from other people's perspective. I know you have done it in the past, but try again on this issue.

I just don't want to see another bloody battle like I experienced here at NWA with our senior pilots. It isn't fun at all and it poisons the punch we are all trying to drink right now at DAL.

Your thoughts?

GL,

If DALPA wants to open up the books again and arbitrate this matter we are getting drawn into another modern day RED vs. GREEN show. Do you agree? Do we really want this? I think not.

It's a non-starter.

We argued and lost the out of seniority furlough by pre-merger group prior to SOC clause of the award immediately following the arbitration results, with DALPA arguing in it's favor. In other words DAL argued for status quo in favor of the arbitrators desicion.

Somehow I don't think that dog will bark if they subsequently go back in and argue to change it so as to extend out of seniority furlough past SOC based on parking of pre-merger acft, against the intent of the award they previously defended, because it now benefits them. Ditto if DAL starts parking acft before SOC and furloughs and we do not

Be careful what you wish for......

Last edited:
Totally Agree Red Rum.
There will be disagreements, and they are only magnified when we are shrinking and not expanding!

GL,

Not to put words in Nu's mouth, but I don't think he thinks the SLI was fair and equitable, but if it makes you feel better...

Please tell me how you guys DIDN'T make out on this SLI. We took hits for the fact that Delta Air Lines may park the 742s. It is clearly spelled out in the award. Why are you looking to extract more out of my a$$? Give it a rest!

I think we all need to take LM at his word and imagine this was a fair and equitable deal, move along, and just be happy.

You sound really greedy and apathetic to FNWA pilots when you post this stuff. We had career expectations just like you. We got a crap award and now you want more? UNBELIEVABLE

My advice to you is to take a look around and try to be happy with what you got. You are in good shape. Try to look at things from other people's perspective. I know you have done it in the past, but try again on this issue.

I just don't want to see another bloody battle like I experienced here at NWA with our senior pilots. It isn't fun at all and it poisons the punch we are all trying to drink right now at DAL.

Your thoughts?

Quoted for gospel. Well done.

Nu

You can as long as you can get to these airports in a reasonable amount of time.
They understand traffic even is they act like they do not. Plus, if you tell them you are leaving now and that you will get there when you get there, there is not much they can do.

"I've got the assignment, I'm on my way, I'll do the best I can. Good bye." Now let me finish my surf session!

Baja.

Your thoughts?

Good call. Unhappy year groups and some that did well on both sides it seems. The sooner we get over what we can't control and see ourselves as one big group of Delta pilots the better. A unified group will do far better getting back what has been lost than one plagued by pointless infighting.

It's a non-starter.

We argued and lost the out of seniority furlough by pre-merger group prior to SOC clause of the award immediately following the arbitration results, with DALPA arguing in it's favor. In other words DAL argued for status quo in favor of the arbitrators desicion.

Somehow I don't think that dog will bark if they subsequently go back in and argue to change it so as to extend out of seniority furlough past SOC based on parking of pre-merger acft, against the intent of the award they previously defended, because it now benefits them. Ditto if DAL starts parking acft before SOC and furloughs and we do not

Be careful what you wish for......
Question: If furlough means a number at the top of the list at Compass, that is probably a better job than most of the junior pilots on the 737, 88 and 9 have. Anyone proffer the idea that we could bid for displacement to Compass? It seems to make sense to let those would would want to fly left seat of the replacement aircraft to bid it, honoring seniority. Of course that used to be just a NWA deal, now it is a Delta deal too.

As ACL pointed out, shrinking causes some real problems. I'd like to add, shrinking while DCI is still growing rapidly raises even more issues.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back