• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta in LAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think he (your 95 bro)will go to the ER, since a lot of 91 hires on this last displacement got kicked to something else. I know a junior 767 captain (91 hire) who got bumped to the 777 as an FO, and he is only at 50% on that as an FO(senior plane, especially in ATL). Maybe my friend will bid DC9 Captain? Nah, I doubt it---he likes the FMS too much.

I agree NU that this award was fair, but if DL is going to park something that we all knew would be parked, that doesn't mean our guys should take a hit. Regardless, IF it happens after SOC, then Clippy should be able to bid what he wants. If it happens prior, then he will go to the DC9 or bus and then have to eventually bid for LAX, which will get more and more senior as everything is metriculated together.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Heyas,

I did not say the award was fair. What I did say is that it has been sold to us as such.

With that said, the DAL side seemed to convince the panel that the -200s and the -9s were going away. Turns out the assumption was not really founded in reality as the -200 issue has not come to pass, and the -9 fleet is now going in the opposite directon (parking has stopped at 74, with 10 more slated to return in the short term).

Anyway, the point is that the SLI only turned out the way it did because the panel, incorrectly or otherwise, built it into the ratios. To get it your way, and THEN complain about taking a hit from your own argument is a d!ck move. You guys got what you got from your own argument. Maybe DOH with a 10 year fence is looking better now?

Nu

We are hearing now that SOC could happen a year from now (Jan, 10), and I would think that if NWA will be parking their 742s "within a year", then a displacement bid on the NWA side would happen prior to that. It sure as heck wouldn't be fair to displace any DL guys when it was your fleet and this was announced prior to SOC. To say that NWA would not have parked the 742s under the same bad economy is wrong, as UPS just parked their own 742s right after the Xmas "Peak." I guess it could be arbitrated.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL, A remark by RA at a pilot meeting does not constitute an announcement. I think the rules are pretty clear - pre or post SOC. Be careful what you wish for - you have acft that are vulnerable as well. When the aircraft are actually taken out of service is the ONLY germane consideration. The arbitrators already essentially covered this in the SLI

Before you cheer for an Alaska merger, you might want to run it through the template for the NWA/DAL integration and see if you like the result.

I agree there would be a hit for the younger guys but for us West coasters and especially us Northwesterners, the QOL would pay dividends. I'm all for the acquisition.

If Clippy wants to bump into LAX....

I'm not so sure now. If I just had to cover LAX then it sounds good. Live on the beach and look at bikinis all day while on reserve. Having to cover LAX, SNA and ONT equals living in the Inland Empire somewhere and that does not have the same appeal.

Not true. In the PWA is states reasonable time for a call out. In the LA Basin that is generally three hrs.

You can as long as you can get to these airports in a reasonable amount of time.
They understand traffic even is they act like they do not. Plus, if you tell them you are leaving now and that you will get there when you get there, there is not much they can do.

Heyas,

I did not say the award was fair. What I did say is that it has been sold to us as such.

With that said, the DAL side seemed to convince the panel that the -200s and the -9s were going away. Turns out the assumption was not really founded in reality as the -200 issue has not come to pass, and the -9 fleet is now going in the opposite directon (parking has stopped at 74, with 10 more slated to return in the short term).

Anyway, the point is that the SLI only turned out the way it did because the panel, incorrectly or otherwise, built it into the ratios. To get it your way, and THEN complain about taking a hit from your own argument is a d!ck move. You guys got what you got from your own argument. Maybe DOH with a 10 year fence is looking better now?

Nu

Let's not get testy here. Anyway, I am sure we all will be talking about the fairness of this award for years. Three neutrals agreed to it, so there you have it. As far as planes going away, your own management told you the DC9s were going away, and luckily not as many will, with a few actually coming back. Great. The 742s also were on a timetable, and this bad economy is forcing most of those older 742s to the boneyard. UPS just parked their last few at Roswell, and I think UPS could afford to keep them flying if they wanted to. Almost every Asian Cargo airline has parked their 742s, with 744s taking over. It now will come down to when they will be parked, and most CP types I have talked to lately have said SOC is still far off. We thought the same of DCC, and they surprised us with that, so who knows?

Bye Bye--General Lee

As far as planes going away, your own management told you the DC9s were going away

All aircraft have a time table. Not everything Delta brings to the table is a spring chicken. I'll wager some Delta AC will be parked before all the 9s are parked.

I don't know why this even matters, it's all done with now and any AC parked affects all of us, like it or not.

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ʇsnɾ s,ʇɐɥʇ - ʎddıןɔן

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back