Delta, Hire Some Minorities

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sad....

Anytime the liberals start whining about diversity, if you're a white male, you're going to be discriminated against. And it's legal. Consent decrees, affirmative action (aka racial preferences), quotas, different qualification tests, etc. And there ain't nothing you can do. And if you think it's bad now, if Obama gets elected (shudder) you ain't seen nothing yet.

Affirmative action is awful for our country.... 99.85% of people have no idea that affimative action is not actually a law-never was it voted on or passed by congress. It is a judicial fiat. A precident established by a federal court which has never really been challenged...

-And people think judge appointments are not important. This blatant perversion of justice has stuck around for around 40 yrs. all because someone appointed a judge who thought they could fix the world. Even that judge probably never intended it to last this long.

-I'll bet our grandkids will still be fighting this same fight.

This racial quota propaganda from minority leaders is funny stuff. They only keep racial tensions high and in the news, it’s all they have to fall back on for not being hired.

Let’s look at racing, not just nascar but motorcycle, indy car, alms, F1 and so on.

Michael Jordan purchased a motorcycle racing team to race AMA superbikes/supersport. His love for the sport and wanting a minority owner and riders is what drove him to spend several million dollars on a team. His first team had minority riders and they finished at the back of the pack or crashed. Learning curve and no experience. When one of his riders crashed and was out for the season he replaced that rider with a qualified rider and started placing in the top ten. He soon replaced his second rider with another qualified rider and both bikes placed in the top ten for the rest of the season. Today Team Jordan a minority owned team has two very qualified riders, mechanics, and staff. They fight for the win every weekend. The two qualified riders are “white”. How can this be? Maybe, just maybe there are no qualified minority riders, yet! So if they looked at Team Jordan, would they say the same thing about his team as they are Delta? Team Jordan even had a rider development school and came away with no qualified riders. Why is ok for Team Jordan to hire qualified riders and not be bashed in the news?

Nascar has a minority driver development program and to date only two drivers have moved up to the next step. Nascar has over 12000 drivers in all their racing series and a very very small percentage of them are minorities. Why? Winning is the only way to move up, it does not matter what team your on, if you’re not qualified to drive you’re not qualified. These minority drivers have some of the best cars from teams like Joe Gibbs, Hendricks, RCR, GEM, and Penske. Nascar has a few minority owners but their drivers are not minorities. Why not?

If you’re not qualified for the job, you’re not qualified for the job! Become qualified and reapply and you might have a different result. It’s has nothing to do with your color, it has to do with your qualifications. Go get one of your minority grants and some training and reapply.

If minorities don’t even want to hire minorities then why are they not being bashed in the news?
If you are not qualified for the job, don’t expect to get the job. Work harder and achieve your goal, don’t have some racially motivated Reverend try to force the company to hire you. When a company is forced to lower the bar to give you the job, it only makes your race look bad.

What a load of BS... After 11 years of military service, I only knew of only three black pilots... There were more woman pilots but not one was of color... I guess uncle sam is a bigot as well...

The real question, is how many professional pilots of color exist for the percentage of white pilots, women pilots, spanish pilots... I would guess that the hiring percentages are right on...

In ATL, most of the Delta pilots you see are Caucasian male. Do you really think Delta only hires the 'qualified'? Maybe 'qualified caucasian male'.

I don't mean to offend anyone, and I am sorry if I did. My friend who got hired there last year said they had 33 people in a class, and only one of them had darker-skin color...maybe hispanic.

My other friend who actually works there, and who is African said that is one thing you will notice in the pilot group.....very little minority pilots.

Delta looks for a certain image. If you don't fit their image of a pilot, you won't get hired regardless of your experience level. You can deny that all you want. Just look around. Very sad but true.

So .1% of DAL pilots are black. What is the percentage of women and other minority pilots?

Surprised no one pointed this out to you, but that equals 1 percent, not .1 percent.

Discrimination is wrong. . . . . . . but so called "affirmative action" discriminates against white males in the same way as the policies it attempts to correct, it just changes who's being discriminated.

Pretty stupid stuff. Hire competitively qualified people. Help people get competitively qualified, not given preferential treatment.

Over and Out.:rolleyes:

Civil rights coalition: Delta needs to boost diversity

they took a stab at it when they hired a 2000TT Caravan Captain back in September who flew mostly in Africa with her Missionary work... But they got to check the female box.

For most Xenophobes, it's far more palatable to hire a white female than any racial male minority... Woman have made out on the affirmative action bandwagon far better than any black or other racial minority. That is the Elephant in the living room folk.

Your resident Pig.

Last edited:
What Up?

What a load of BS... After 11 years of military service, I only knew of only three black pilots... There were more woman pilots but not one was of color... I guess uncle sam is a bigot as well...

The real question, is how many professional pilots of color exist for the percentage of white pilots, women pilots, spanish pilots... I would guess that the hiring percentages are right on...

In my 18 yrs of aviating, I have known exactly TWO black pilots, both were hired YEARS before the rest of us......

The simple fact is that aviation is not something that is very attractive to many minorities, but for those who find it attractive, their career advancement is very fast, to say the least.

BTW-Anyone remember the school that DAL set up for minorities before Sept11th? I think DAL has since abandoned the idea. I think it was assoc. with some college in Mich. Their idea was to give these folks a free education and hire them at mainline after very little regional flying.....As if that doesn't happen already. The only difference was that Delta was paying for it.

P.S.- I know that back in the mid 90s, UAL was actually going thru the FAA database and offering interviews to anyone who had a female or minority-looking name.... This happened at a friend's flight school-his female pal from Commercial rating class got hired straight to UAL as a result. Not even a CFI, not even 300 hrs TT.

Lear, are you sure, after all, they did hire "the General" Well, I guess occasionally one falls through the cracks. lol

I think the General is a stem-cell science experiment to determine the feasibility of manufacturing airline pilots with specific code introduced into the DNA. Obviously this experiment has gone pretty bad...but Delta just can't seem to pull the plug...stay tuned...

Latest resources

Back