• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

acarpe3448

Over $200 million profit
Revenue up like a billion or more
Over a billion profit for the first nine months
Over a Billion in debt paid off!

This with record oil prices! Is the LCC SWA fuel hedge advantage over? It's good to be at Delta! Passed my 767ER systems validation today! Cant wait to fly it!

Amazing what can be done when you dont pay your bills, employees and pensions promissed. I wouldnt say the hedge advantage is over. Just think of the lean machine SWA would be if it to declared BK. You forget thats how Delta got its savings? By screwing its share holders, vendors and employees. Way to go! Congrats on working so hard for those profits. I wonder what managements piece of that will be? I know GL you got a few bucks added to your 401k, I am going to LBB and flying 8 legs to get their and all I will ever fly is a 737.

Last edited:
All true, but I'm happy that we are making profits....because that means they don't need to make a stop at the labor ATM.

So far we're on track for a modest raise for next year and I'll take every penny we can squeeze out of DAL, and profits will enable us to do that.

An Acarpe, congrats on passing the SV... its all downhill from there!

The latest press release is showing finishing the year with a 6 to 7 percent margin. This would only give us the minimum raise of 1.5%. Do you agree?

Good for you guys. I just read this somewhere else. What do you think?

ATLANTA (AP) -- The chief executive of Delta Air Lines Inc. said Tuesday that the carrier wants to be the "undisputed leader" in the industry and that a deal with another airline may be in its best interest.
"We are evaluating the best path forward for Delta," CEO Richard Anderson said during a conference call with analysts after the airline released third-quarter results.

Let the Kool-Aide flow. See how Mother Delta treats you when the MERGER happens. Better yet, wait and see how your fellow pilots treat you!
After too many years at DAL, I can tell you this, - I would rather have been a chock at SWA, than a 777 Capt. at DAL. Good Luck in your career, son.

The latest press release is showing finishing the year with a 6 to 7 percent margin. This would only give us the minimum raise of 1.5%. Do you agree?

Do you guys get profit sharing? That would be a pretty handsome bonus off a Billion in profits. 1.5% sounds a little meager, what is that like $100/month? Congrats on the good quarter. Thank your lucky stars you didn't get gobbled up by the Us Airways juggernaut....!

All true, but I'm happy that we are making profits....because that means they don't need to make a stop at the labor ATM.
!

Last time I checked they are at the ATM. Every day that goes by is money they are taking from you. If you did not give consessions the money would be in your pocket not theirs. So they are at the ATM until you get back what you had...don't kid yourself.

Latest resources

Back