• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Had A Great Quarter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good on SWA for a major quarter to quarter swing in the right direction too....maybe my bros in the pool will start soon now.

Puff, you've got some issues man

Not at all. My compliment was genuine. If you come on here throwing down, you will get the same in kind. Go read the thread, and put the spanking to your SW buddies. They are the ones that earned it.

I simply showed them that their smugness may be a bit misplaced. They, and you, should be proud. it's a good airline that is consistently profitable. Coming to rub somebody's face, especially mine, will be met head on. Funny thing about those guys with a T, K, F, A, or a K at the beginning of their airplane, they like to dish it out, but can't seem to take it; especially when they are proven wrong. I'm out. Good luck to you, for real.

Your point is not missed. A couple of those quarters saw some "creative accounting", but nonetheless it's a very good financial airline.

What I am saying is that the US is in big trouble from an economic standpoint. The signs are ominous, and looming. You can chastise me all you wish, but sometimes people on these boards need spanked, and it's usually a SW pilot who thinks he is the reason for their success. This quarter, it happened to be their fuel hedgers, whom Delta could probably afford to steal away if we had the brains.

I merely pointed out that despite Delta's ch11, it is quite possible, and proven, that Delta pilots have done very well last, this, and next year; aka the BK years.

What I didn't point out was SWAs lack of any kind of bargaining balls up until this decade, aka "hanging on the bar" while other airlines' pilots carried the water for the profession. Not just Delta, either.

What I also didn't point out was the pointing to consolidation. One need only to look as far as USAir or TWA to find evidence of what a merger can do to an airline, ANY airline.

You need to re-quote your post, Bill. A bunch of airlines, and a bunch of years have taught me all I need to know about this biz. Turn your sermon toward the SW juggernauts. My eye has been on the ball from day 1 here. Haven't spent a cent more than necessary for 11 years now. If Delta goes under, so be it.

Most of what you say I agree with except in earlier posts you referenced SWA getting theirs soon.....what makes you so sure??? Sure, number one will eventually fall down to number 2 in anything, but what will you say causes it?

Sure the hedges are there, but SWA made money the last time everybody predicted "nobody's gonna fly 300 miles...they'll drive!!" So SWA changed their plan, long transcons and stage lengths greater than 1000 miles.....again they adapted. You brag about the SS Delta chugging along on International, well so's everybody else and mark my words, Southwest will head south and north of the border to play ball!! Predicting someone's demise was the pastime on this forum when we hit BK, but let's not follow suit.

There are a lot of haters (jealous of Delta for whatever reason only they know) and I agree, it's time to turn the tide whenever we get jumped.....

No domestic feed? Come on. :confused:

71 737's, 121 757's, 24 767's, 120 88/90's, and a buttload of RJ's.

Since you took the time to research our fleet size, try and research where they fly.....

Do you honestly believe those 737's and 757's only do domestic?? Heck even an 88 finds it's way to STX now......

It's the "buttload" of RJ's I'm referencing being flown by people other than Delta pilots that is the threat!!

The majority of those aircraft still fly domestically. The biggest threat right now is $90/barrel.

The majority of those aircraft still fly domestically. The biggest threat right now is $90/barrel.

Everybody is threatened by 90 dollar oil....

Airtran, SWA, Spirit, VA, SKybus don't have the RJ problem......

Puff,

I'm OK with you poking fun at our contract. It's part of the entertainment here.

I trust Gary Kelly to make the right decisions for the future of our company. He trusts me to pull the rope in the same direction and take care of our customers. It's not all about me. I try to keep in mind not only what is best for my family but what is best for the company.

Gup

Over $200 million profit
Revenue up like a billion or more
Over a billion profit for the first nine months
Over a Billion in debt paid off!

This with record oil prices! Is the LCC SWA fuel hedge advantage over? It's good to be at Delta! Passed my 767ER systems validation today! Cant wait to fly it!

Carpie, there's another thing we agree on. I'm glad you passed your SV! Congrats!:beer:

Latest resources

Back