• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NYRangers is right.

It sickens me to see Deltoids picking up "green slips" while
there are people on furlough.

There is only one person the "green slippers" are concerned bout; themselves.

They always use the same excuses: "It is in the contract" or
"If I didn't pick it up, someone else would." With a mentality
like that, you better go out and start mollesting young boys,
because if you don't - someone else will!

You just can't reason with narcissists.

And DALPA, the puss##s they are, don't have the backbone to tell
the pilot group "NO GREENSLIP while there are furloughees."
The DALPA MEC and others (a total of 40 people) were sued by the
company for not stopping the posting from a few pilots on the
DALPA forumn - no green slips while there are furloughees. DALPA
lost the court case over free speech on a forum and voluntary
overtime. What is the court going to do, make voluntary overtime
mandatory? That sounds like a contradiction in terms to me.
The DALPA attorneys must have been incompetant to lose that case.

The furloughees are made to suffer longer at the hands of the
"green slippers."

I wish the furloughees well and I hope to see you back on the
property sooner than later.

av8n said:
NYRangers is right.

The DALPA MEC and others (a total of 40 people) were sued by the
company for not stopping the posting from a few pilots on the
DALPA forumn - no green slips while there are furloughees. DALPA
lost the court case over free speech on a forum and voluntary
overtime. What is the court going to do, make voluntary overtime
mandatory? That sounds like a contradiction in terms to me.
The DALPA attorneys must have been incompetant to lose that case.

You obviously have no clue about the litigation, but it is humorous reading your rants.

Show of force?

So I see that Council 44 had a masive turn out for their last council meeting. Something like 73 or 74 pilots out of 2500+ based in ATL. Maybe the only pilots worried about what is happening at Delta are on this board. Good luck!

Spooky 1 said:
So I see that Council 44 had a masive turn out for their last council meeting. Something like 73 or 74 pilots out of 2500+ based in ATL. Maybe the only pilots worried about what is happening at Delta are on this board. Good luck!

LEC meetings don't tend to bring out big crowds, but I bet they'll be a larger crowd at the road show today, maybe not the 800-1000 that showed up at Nov 15th rally.

ATR-DRIVR said:
So I guess you are green-slipping, huh?

I wasn't defending greenslipping or slamming it. I was just pointing out that he has no clue about facts of the litigation.

The sad thing about this whole greenslipping thing with the dalpa douches is that at America West when they furloughed, pilots were allowed to fly opentime in their contract as well, but their union had the balls to tell them "go ahead and fly as much opentime as you want, but we're going to penalize you $1000.00 dollars each time you do it"...... I remember seeing this in writing and I wish I had saved it to post here. Now THATS what a UNION is suppose to do. Find a way around the wording of the contract.... just like management. But I guess the guys/gals running dalpa are a bunch of greenslipping whores themselves.

Any AMWEST ...errrrr..... USAir guys out there that remember this post by your MEC? And could you post it here if you have it? Thanks

FDJ2 posted : You obviously have no clue about the litigation, but it is humorous reading your rants.

Since you are such an expert - please explain it to all of us.

av8n said:
FDJ2 posted : You obviously have no clue about the litigation, but it is humorous reading your rants.

Since you are such an expert - please explain it to all of us.

I'm a DAL pilot, and I will try and explain it.

In Dec 2000 there was a despicable grassroots no-OT movement. This was done while DAL was still hiring pilots, not when guys were on furlough. Some group of "they" decided that we shouldn't fly OT any more since the company was dragging their feet in negotiations.

So "they" decided that anyone who flew OT would have his name put on a bulletin board (funny how "they" never signed their OWN f'ing names next to it...the spineless wimps), flight kit stolen, etc. You know--real honorable stuff.

Then some REALLY stupid guys on the DAL ALPA forum decided that they would actively support the no-OT "program"--which under that pesky little thing called the Railway Labor Act is nothing more than an illegal withholding of service. The company finally sued ALPA for not taking specific action to prevent these guy from harassing other guys who were flying under the contract.

This was not a lawsuit to "force" guys to fly overtime. It was to prevent the harassment by the group of knuckleheads who thought that they somehow had the right to tell others what they could or could not contractually do, all without any sanction from the MEC. If these guys had just not flown OT on their own and not cared what anyone else did, then there never would have been a lawsuit.

BTW I've never flown OT. Why? Because I don't want to, that's why. But I wouldn't dream of telling another guy that he could not fly IAW with his union's negotiated contract, absent a specific order from his MEC.

But I am not sure that that opinion will be welcomed on this "you owe me" message board. As in "you owe me high pay rates, no OT flying, a good scope clause, better vacation rules, or even a liquidated company, all so I don't have to change anything ever, no matter how much the world around me changes."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back