• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Comair boss get your facts striaght ..you dip

they did not "taxi-tarmac" for 7 hours in JFK

1. it gate return after 1:52min #1 eng would not start

2. crew change with a legal crew ( to accom DL paxs -- which is more service that you provide) that have been inconvinced by our minor mechanical

3. JFK-DFW 2nd time out block of 4.30.

so yes it was close to 6 1/2 hours they sat on that a/c going from JFK-DFW .
just as all DL flights have taken long taxi out of JFK Shuttle is no different.

but hey... you saw it on youtube so it must be real

Hey Comair boss get your facts striaght ..you dip

they did not "taxi-tarmac" for 7 hours in JFK

1. it gate return after 1:52min #1 eng would not start

2. crew change with a legal crew ( to accom DL paxs -- which is more service that you provide) that have been inconvinced by our minor mechanical

HA HA HA...that sounds strange.

I would have LOST it. LOST IT! LOST IT! LOST IT!.>>>>>>>>Kill kill kill.

Someone should be fired...you can start with the dispatched that allowed this to continue and the PIC's that didn't get these people off of this airplane.

Legitimately laughed out loud at ..."kill kill kill"

Sounds like Hetfield at the end of "All Within My Hands"

By the way, minor hijack. St. Anger PUNISHES...

So as I compute the crew (one or the other) sat for about 3 1/2 hours with no pay, no food, and no access to liquor. Bet they then gave them reduced rest :)

How about an aircrew bill of rights?

I know none of the facts on this story, although I did see the video.
But my conclusion is that it's JFK's fault. That damn airport should be torn down. I absolutely hate that place. More airplanes shcheduled to be there, than there are parking spots. Brilliant idea, Delta!

Give me a break. They would all come back and fly delta again as long as it's the cheapest option like nothing happened including the turd that filmed it. What do they know about operating in/out of NY with problems that were obviously compounded with thunderstorms all over the place and this country's outdated and understaffed air traffic control system. yawn.

Last edited:
E170's between DFW & JFK?

There isn't much "Delta" left in Delta any more.

Wonder what Delta thinks of most of its bad press resulting from contractors' failures to operate their flights and in some cases, use common sense?

I'm not making a statement, just curious how Delta manages its brand when 50% of its brand is not under its operational control.

Last edited:

I'm not making a statement, just curious how Delta manages its brand when 50% of its brand is not under its operational control.

First of all, you are right. There isn't much left to Delta anymore.

However outsourcing is a fact of life now, not just at the airlines. You may as well ask Boeing how they can control the quality of the 787 when almost all of the manufacturing is outsourced.

However, I do agree with your main point and I think Delta has gone too far and has lost control of a large portion of its domestic structure.

E170's between DFW & JFK?

Wonder what Delta thinks of most of its bad press resulting from contractors' failures to operate their flights and in some cases, use common sense?

JFK-DFW used to be on ASA's CRJ700 so I would consider the E170 action an upgrade and how generous. It was fun back in the days. Especially about the part Delta thought it was a good idea to run it with a CRJ700 with tons of heavy international bags, taxi delays, reroutes and fighting winds going westbound and then in the end get hosed by thunderstorms in DFW when it doesn't even leave a room for DAL alternate, all in one day. Fun stuff.

Last edited:
Not to change the subject, but what is with all those DORKS posting video from Flight Sim on YouTube??

If you ever get really bored it's pretty fun to mess with all the armchair quarterbacks over there. They think the know everything about a plane because they've flown it on the computer.

Latest resources

Back