• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta financial results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"But we are prepared to be a leader once again with capacity cuts if demand continues to deteriorate," he added.

"We're still finalizing our capacity plans for next year, monitoring demand at market level domestically and international, and will be taking that action as necessary at the first sign of weakness," Bastian said.

I'm surprised this hasn't been commented on. Hundreds of leaves granted and Bastian ready to pull the trigger on further reductions. Some have rumored hiring is at the doorstep. Makes one wonder which way this train is going.

Another note from a previous question, expect a profitable quarter from NWA to the tune of $60M+.

Schwanker

From what I hear flight plan 09 is finalized.
I am sure that we will tweak a few things, as there will be delays with some new equipment.
They have not announced the planned hiring for a reason. It is ramping up, but like new airframes, it ain't official until the first one walk though the door.
I much prefer them not to hire, then to hire and have to furlough.
Heck last week there was some talk of displacements, this week they do not know. I guess we will find out on Friday if the A.E. actually comes out.

"But we are prepared to be a leader once again with capacity cuts if demand continues to deteriorate," he added.

"We're still finalizing our capacity plans for next year, monitoring demand at market level domestically and international, and will be taking that action as necessary at the first sign of weakness," Bastian said.

I'm surprised this hasn't been commented on. Hundreds of leaves granted and Bastian ready to pull the trigger on further reductions. Some have rumored hiring is at the doorstep. Makes one wonder which way this train is going.

Another note from a previous question, expect a profitable quarter from NWA to the tune of $60M+.

Schwanker

Ed Bastain will be your CEO after the DCC until the SOC--or merging of certificates. I know we are short right now in a few categories, and will not displace in a few that we are fat because of the normal ramp up for Spring and Summer. It will be interesting.

Bye Bye---General Lee

don't know if your -9s are capable of heavier weights, but I flew the -9 in a previous life, and here at Delta on the 88, but very rarely have I been too heavy to SE taxi.

NWA procedures are that with MGTW of 100000 or above, do not use SE taxi. Recently on our south concourse behind gate 27-31 the fence area has been damaged from break-away thrust.

Additionally, at the higher MGTW, in order to break away, you have to push the throttle up far enough to trip the pack override, and it shut's off the packs untill the throttle is retarded.

Engine Warmup

I've never seen an NWA 757 or Airbus taxi out on a single engine...not once.

Every NWA 757 guy thinks that they are "too heavy." I wonder how quickly they'll learn that single engine breakaway thrust is minutely higher than two engine breakaway...
On the bus, the engines need to warm up for 5 min before takeoff. Much of the time our taxi out is only about 5 min, so no SE taxi. If a longer taxi is anticipated, we do it. Taxiing in is almost always SE unless we get to the gate before the 3 min cool down time is met.

NWA procedures are that with MGTW of 100000 or above, do not use SE taxi. Recently on our south concourse behind gate 27-31 the fence area has been damaged from break-away thrust.

Additionally, at the higher MGTW, in order to break away, you have to push the throttle up far enough to trip the pack override, and it shut's off the packs untill the throttle is retarded.

Fair enough. On the 88, as I said, very rarely have I had to use 2 engines for the weight. Maybe LGA or BOS in the summer and pushing max weight. Even at a pretty high weight I can get it going without tripping the packs. I don't remember having a problem on the DC-9-30. Is the thust/weight ratio on the 40/50 that much worse? What is the engine thrust and max TO weight on the 40 and 50. Thanks!

On the bus, the engines need to warm up for 5 min before takeoff. Much of the time our taxi out is only about 5 min, so no SE taxi. If a longer taxi is anticipated, we do it. Taxiing in is almost always SE unless we get to the gate before the 3 min cool down time is met.

Where are ya'll flying to that the taxi times are so much shorter? I always see the busses in the same cities the 767 and 757 go to... We do 5 minute warmups preferred..they can be cut to 3 in most cases if needed.

Latest resources

Back