• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta filed for Chap 11 (merged thread)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can the Delta senior Captains, who retired only to fly again under a contract, void the contract or simply refuse to fly for any less pay out of the BK?

climbhappy said:
Can the Delta senior Captains, who retired only to fly again under a contract, void the contract or simply refuse to fly for any less pay out of the BK?

No, I doubt it. With the parking of certain airplanes by the end of next year, most of them will be leaving as those other captains retrain onto larger aircraft. Also, the contract pilots (the PRPs) have lower seniority numbers than the current furloughed pilots. The judge may allow them to stay a little longer, but they will all eventually go. There are about 300 PRPs flying the larger aircraft.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
ASA was sold to SkyWest, and is not part of DL anymore. They are really lucky. Bye Bye--Geneal Lee
Why's that? I thought you said Delta was going to dump SkyWest and Mesa would take over SLC? Did you change your mind?

PCL_128 said:
MEC's don't trade anything by themselves. MEC's just vote whether to send a contract to the pilot group for them to decide on. If you want to place blame, then blame the entire pilot groups, not just MEC's. Everyone has some blame to share on this monumental mess that was created 2 decades ago. ALPA national and the MEC's are not the sole problems. Everyone contributed that voted for looser scope.
Watch out, you are getting close to agreement with the RJDC.

General Lee said:
Riiiiight. That's funny, the AJC paper said yesterday that GE would help Delta finance new "larger" regional jets. Couldn't Chautaqua or Republic finance it on their own? They could, right?

Bye Bye--General Lee

General:

If you look at the fine print, Bombardier is in on the deal. That suggests the C series jets to me. Bombardier needs 50 sales of the new aircraft fast, or else the Canadian government is going to pull the plug. It is a 110 to 130 seat airframe, which sounds like mainline to me, but then again, your MEC is involved and they tend to sell stuff down the river pretty fast to protect your bro's on the 767.

General Lee said:
I know it's not healthy. I have a headache the size of Georgia. I am not advocating large pay cuts, but I bet management is. Compared to other regionals (ie MESA), you are paid more. That will come down, just like our pay. We are currently paid more than United, which will change too. That is what happens when your company goes down the toilet. Everyone hurts. ASA was sold to SkyWest, and is not part of DL anymore. They are really lucky. Anyone associated with DL will get some large pay cuts, except the bankruptcy attornies.

Bye Bye--Geneal Lee

Insert Delta managment rant here! I need to take a break myself. I wonder what kind of fare sale will be announced tomorrow.

~~~^~~~ said:
General:

If you look at the fine print, Bombardier is in on the deal. That suggests the C series jets to me. Bombardier needs 50 sales of the new aircraft fast, or else the Canadian government is going to pull the plug. It is a 110 to 130 seat airframe, which sounds like mainline to me, but then again, your MEC is involved and they tend to sell stuff down the river pretty fast to protect your bro's on the 767.

Plus, the LOA scope and block hour restrictions just went out the window with BK.

As to the snide SJS comment from a previous poster...get a life you moron! Only a fool would look at this and smile. Yes, there may be a couple of them, but we're all in this together and we need to do whatever it takes to return to profitibility. When we're flying full 50 or 70 seaters and turning away pax, then mainline should be putting on their equipment.

Latest resources

Back