• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kngarthur said:
Republic will fly the 190's

OOO...OOO...OOO...My turn

Go to bed, junior!

Flechas said:
The only reason there is SJS is because mainline pilots agreed on it by signing a contract, maybe if all you major airline pilots would have grown a pair this wouldn't be happeneing.

Well said. We don't want these airplanes.

Inconceivable said:
when its their MEC that traded scope for widebody pay rates......

MEC's don't trade anything by themselves. MEC's just vote whether to send a contract to the pilot group for them to decide on. If you want to place blame, then blame the entire pilot groups, not just MEC's. Everyone has some blame to share on this monumental mess that was created 2 decades ago. ALPA national and the MEC's are not the sole problems. Everyone contributed that voted for looser scope.

kngarthur said:
Republic will fly the 190's

Riiiiight. That's funny, the AJC paper said yesterday that GE would help Delta finance new "larger" regional jets. Couldn't Chautaqua or Republic finance it on their own? They could, right? Looks like GE would finance them for us....Get it? Comair will likely get huge pay cuts along with us, and then get sold to Mesa. And, NW (a possible merger with us) stated in their opener that they would furlough a bunch of their pilots and allow THEM to fly new E190s at a different subsidiary. I tend to think you could be WRONG.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Spooky 1 said:
So what do you think is going to happen to an erly out pilot that bolted on Aug. 1 or Sept. 1, hoping to get his lump sum before the BK took effect? It usually takes 60 days after your retirement date for the check to show up. Looks like there could be some real dissapointed pilots. Left early, and nothing to show for it, no lump sum, no job. Talk about getting screwed. On the other hand maybe they can sue to get back on the active list. Sorry just a little flame bait.

Good question. They could be hosed. I bet they are watching the mailman very closely, running to the mailbox each time they see him/her....(waiting for the lump sum check)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ive been reading this board for awhile and it seems as if the person writting responses for general lee has changed.

Comair will likely get HUGE pay cuts along with us, and then get SOLD TO MESA.
whats the deal

General Lee said:
Comair will likely get huge pay cuts along with us, and then get sold to Mesa.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Dude, how much do you think we make? It is impossible to take huge cuts. We are already near industry average. There's not much to cut here, we work for Sh1t wages already. Why don't you worry about your own problems instead of how big of a paycut Comair is going to take.

You seriously need to relax a bit and take a break from your job and all the talk about it. It's not healthy.

DDpaysoff said:
Dude, how much do you think we make? It is impossible to take huge cuts. We are already near industry average. There's not much to cut here, we work for Sh1t wages already. Why don't you worry about your own problems instead of how big of a paycut Comair is going to take.

You seriously need to relax a bit and take a break from your job and all the talk about it. It's not healthy.

I know it's not healthy. I have a headache the size of Georgia. I am not advocating large pay cuts, but I bet management is. Compared to other regionals (ie MESA), you are paid more. That will come down, just like our pay. We are currently paid more than United, which will change too. That is what happens when your company goes down the toilet. Everyone hurts. ASA was sold to SkyWest, and is not part of DL anymore. They are really lucky. Anyone associated with DL will get some large pay cuts, except the bankruptcy attornies.

Bye Bye--Geneal Lee

Crzipilot said:
wonder how many sjs sufferers have a gleam in their eye with the words, replacing routes with smaller jets.....

Probably far too many short sighted SOB's. Anything larger than 70-seats needs to be at mainline.

Latest resources

Back