Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, Lowecur is always right.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

General it would make sence for comair to replace all the 50 seaters with 70 seaters and for us to get Q400's to fly to the smaller destinations. UBA757

And in an unrelated story.....I think I may buy a lottery ticket....

MEGA Millions Jackpot Rolls to $250 Million!; Two Californians Win More Than $830,000
Business Wire - September 14, 2005 17:21

SACRAMENTO, Calif., Sep 14, 2005 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- It's definitely one of the wildest dreams...what to do with a $250 million jackpot! The largest jackpot ever available to California State Lottery players hit the $250 million mark when no one matched the MEGA Millions numbers 13, 24, 44, 48, 52, MEGA Number 30 on Tuesday night. The $250 million jackpot shatters all records for any jackpot offered in the California State Lottery's 20 year history. California dreaming reached a whole new level as players entertain how they would spend that cash!

No player within the twelve MEGA Millions states selected the winning combination of numbers; however thousands of Californians did win prizes: 2 players won more than $830,000 matching 5 numbers without the MEGA Number, and 9 players won more than $100,000 matching 4 numbers plus the MEGA Number. "A total of 151,341 tickets won prizes ranging from two dollars to $415,630," said Norma Minas, Public Information Officer for the California State Lottery. "Two winning second prize tickets were sold worth $415,630 each. One of the second prize tickets was sold in northern California in Placerville and the other from Santee in the southern part of the state."

A lucky player who wins $250 million would receive equal payments of approximately $9.6 million a year (before taxes) for the next 26 years, or players could opt for the cash option that would result in an estimated prize higher than $150 million before taxes. A retailer who sells a winning ticket worth $250 million would receive a bonus of $1 million (the maximum bonus available) for selling the winning ticket.

To purchase your MEGA Millions ticket for Friday's draw go to any of the more than 18,000 Lottery retailers in California by 7:45 p.m. Are you having trouble deciding which lotto game to play? Try a "California Combo," the fun option that gives players 5 MEGA Millions plays and 5 SuperLOTTO Plus(R) plays with a single purchase!

For more information on MEGA Millions or the California State Lottery, visit www.calottery.com.

SOURCE: California State Lottery

Last edited:
Chautauqua Connection, operated by Delta Airlines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Republic!

uba757 said:
General it would make sence for comair to replace all the 50 seaters with 70 seaters and for us to get Q400's to fly to the smaller destinations. UBA757

I think you are right. More 70 seaters are on the way. As far as larger than that, I don't know who will get them. IF we merge with NW (as speculated), their newer A319s fit that spot pretty much. I could see some E190s coming maybe, but mainline will try to get them--probably for Jetblue E190 wages....

I could see Comair or someone maybe getting DH8-400s.... If NW and DL merge, it could be really interesting..... CVG could go away, and MEM for NW. We all will take some pay cuts, then pensions go bye bye, and maybe a merger. Crazy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

B-J-J Fighter said:
Do companies still sell stock if they are in BK? I'm wondering if you can pick it up dirt cheap (it's dirt cheap already) and if they get things together and it goes back to the $60 dollar range retire from flying altogether. I would buy a C340 and drive myself around the carribean 6 months per year.

The stock will still trade (probably under symbol DALEQ) while in bankruptcy but the problem is when they emerge. The common stock will go bye-bye and they will likely issue new common. The old shares will become worthless and those shareholders will not receive any of the newly issued shares. This will happen to UAL stock when they emerge. You may still be able to make some money on the short term swings but do not hold it expecting it to "go back to the $60 range". Ain't gonna happen. They will emerge as a new company and the stock will be cancelled.

Last edited:
wonder how many sjs sufferers have a gleam in their eye with the words, replacing routes with smaller jets.....

Latest resources

Back