• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta expects to soar after exiting Chapter 11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
why do almost all "news" articles seem like they were published by the companies PR dept?

The USAToday has been very hard on Delta, especially in BK. I think it is good to see an article that praises it and the hard work that was done to get through BK fairly quickly.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Congrats to all Delta personel who survived the BK. Delta crews have been nothing but great to me when I have ridden jumpseat, thanks guys. No matter how Delta ended up in BK court, it looks like the new Delta is starting strong. As a Blue Dude I wish you the best moving forward. Even you General.:beer:

Mr. Hughes was spoken of very highly by the TWA employees. The bankers who forced him out and then gutted the company by siphoning off cash... Well, that's a different matter entirely.

On topic: What's Delta's credit rating coming out of bankruptcy? That will determine lease rates and borrowing power and, in a large part, determine how high they "soar".

Good luck. TC

why do almost all "news" articles seem like they were published by the companies PR dept?

Because sadly, they almost all are. Having worked (and been guilty of using a PR machine to generate good press) around that kind of stuff....I would guess that 80% of all "NEWS" articles your read about a company are byproducts of a PR firm's hard work in pitching the story to that reporter.

It sucks but how it is. And that is reason number 4568, why I left it all behind.

Last edited:
That's very impressive that Grinstean gave up his bonus for employee scholarships.

I hope they soar better and longer than UAL. They just posted a 152M loss. My tax dollars at work!

I hope they soar better and longer than UAL. They just posted a 152M loss. My tax dollars at work!

Just curious....how did your tax dollars figure into UAL's 152 Million loss? Did the gubment lend them some money recently (or ever)?

Abe44

They wouldn't be here if the PBGB hadn't taken on their pension debt and we (tax payers) took on that debt with no guarantee of payback. We take all the risk not the govt. Whether they fail or not we will not see a nickle of that money ever again.

Latest resources

Back