• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta expects to soar after exiting Chapter 11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's kind of an irrelative statement? Don't all airlines "expect to soar" after coming out of bk?

Stocks went up 100% for the other companies, so it's great news for management and the investors.

When does the stock ticker come back online? Its going to be DAL on the NYSE, will it be open for trading on the 30th of April?

why do almost all "news" articles seem like they were published by the companies PR dept?

I can assure you that "almost all news articles" do not "seem like they were published by the companies PR dept". Other than LUV and JB (Back in the early days) the news is usually quite negative about the airlines, with some exceptions....this being one of them. Perhaps you should write Mrs. Adams or Ray Neidl to see how much Delta paid them for such a glowing review. After all they must have some vested interest in painting such a rosy picture. Or maybe, just maybe, its because Delta really has done a remarkable turnaround in a short period of time, I dare say a much better job than its broken sisters in the industry while somehow keeping moral alive. It probably didnt hurt that Gerald Grinstein passed up his ten million dollar bonus donating back to the employees while others (ie American, NWA, United) have done just the opposite, now creating such ill feelings that war is on the not distant horizon or even at the gates.

Why the hostility toward a company that is emerging as a leader in the industry after some very difficult times....that is the bigger question. One thing I like about Delta is their willingness to admit some managerial mistakes, like wrong sizing airplanes with certain route/markets. Its refreshing to see management at least take a little ownership for past mistakes then work toward correcting them. Delta's change in strategy and ramping up of international growth speaks to one of those mistakes. They have legitamacy and strength moving forward. Lastly, the best thing that happened to bring the moral up and pull Delta employees together was the attempt by US Airways to take them over. They fought it off and in so doing re-ignited a moral stronger than has been seen in a very long time.

Last edited:
Didn't you expect your Spruce Goose to soar as well once Howard?

Seriously though, Good luck Delta.

You got me there. Tell you what, if id had just two 777 engines back then she woulda flown like a dream. My plane was ahead of its time....just needed better engine technology!

You got me there. Tell you what, if id had just two 777 engines back then she woulda flown like a dream. My plane was ahead of its time....just needed better engine technology!

I thought the Pratts were more than sound. What the Spruce Goose really needed was a remotely sane entrprenuer in charge of Hughes Tool & Die.

No offense, but your namesake was a frickin' nut-job.

If you ever get a chance to talk to any TWA guys who were around in the 50's, ask them what they thought of Mr. Hughes.

Latest resources

Back