• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta expands LAX-SFO to 14 daily Compass E175 Flights in Sept 2013

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And how does this relate to the 14 daily Compass E175 flights between LAX and SFO? We got some serious thread creep.... Typical for FI I guess!!!! :puke:

How does it relate? Why, not one little bit, of course! Don't you know the rules on FI?- if either Southwest or Delta is mentioned, it's required to turn into a SWA vs DL bash within the first two pages. I'm pretty sure it was General Lee who lobbied to get this rule in place, but others on both sides are happy to oblige. :)

Bubba

Oh well Jrod...

For guys like Bubba, wave etc etc. It lets them vent their frustration that they didn't get hired at Delta.....or overcompensate for having to fly a 737 forever.

It's cute when they bring us chocolate like this past week a pilot and his Stew GF brought us some while pass riding to Germany. How nice....funny, he didn't have a problem with Delta.

If I ever wanted to pass ride on SWA, I probably wouldn't say much either, but who needs to pass ride on em when we go to every city they do....yep even Lubbock according to GL

You clearly have me confused with someone else, Bill. I don't have a problem with Delta (never have), but I've never wanted to work there and I'm anything but frustrated. And I don't ever start this crap--I just respond to (mainly) General Lee when he says something stupid about Southwest. Which, as we all know, is just about any time he opens his mouth. And I try to do it with a little humor, even when someone trots out the absurd PFT insult again, like it's the funniest joke that no one's ever heard before.

Bubba

P.S. And by the way, you don't fly to LBB, according to GL. It's one of the many cities that Delta Connection goes to. So if you wanted to go there, but not on Southwest, you'd have to pass ride or jumpseat on Mesaba, or Compass, or Skywest, or whomever else it was that you've subleased that flying out to. (Wave wanted me to point that out! :) )

my apologies Bubba....I got you confused with Red!

Point taken.

Connection doesn't even go there anymore.

Excellent points Bubba.

Correct...sent one of my daughters solo to LBB today and she had to do the terminal change shuffle at DAL to ride SWA the final leg. By the way, nice job all around to the SWA guys, ticket counter, gate, crew etc. She said everybody was nice and took great care of her.

PS... she did make a crack, totally unprompted, about how fast the SWA guys taxi.;)

From Airlineroute.net:

DELTA Expands Los Angeles ? San Francisco Bay Area Operation from Sep 2013

by JL
Update at 0820GMT 10JUN13

DELTA in Fall 2013 continues to expand Los Angeles operation, which sees further expansion of Los Angeles ? San Francisco Bay Area operation. Planned increase starting 03SEP13 as follow.

Los Angeles ? San Francisco Overall service increases from 11 to 14 daily, including the return of hourly shuttle service at every hour on top of the hour*. In addition, all 14 daily flights will be operated by DELTA Connection carrier Compass Airlines? Embraer E175 aircraft.

That's not expansion. It's just more ramp congestion at both airports.

Correct...sent one of my daughters solo to LBB today and she had to do the terminal change shuffle at DAL to ride SWA the final leg. By the way, nice job all around to the SWA guys, ticket counter, gate, crew etc. She said everybody was nice and took great care of her.

PS... she did make a crack, totally unprompted, about how fast the SWA guys taxi.;)

I'm glad she was taken care of NWAf16.

On the other hand, it drives me crazy to sit in the back of other airlines and sometimes crawl down the taxiway. Not a slame and I always appreciate the free ride, just a different mentality. Jumpseating around the country is a awesome perk for all us, and thanks to DL, AA, UAL, USAir and Spirit. Thread creep off.

I'm a Delta guy and I jumpseat with SWA all the time. I'm always treated extremely well by everyone from agents to crews. You guys run an outstanding operation. This SWA vs DL stuff is entertaining (I guess) but hopefully everyone realizes it's only a few on each side that promote it.

Latest resources

Back