• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta etops 777-200ER

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would guess somewhere in the ballpark of 17:30- 18:00. About the same time for ATL-BOM. Any more and they will have to use three crews

Would this make it the longest non-stop route? If not does anybody know who holds the record?

Longest Flights by Hours in the Air

Would this make it the longest non-stop route? If not does anybody know who holds the record?

Currently the longest flight by all US Flag Carriers is Mumbai to JFK by Delta Airlines with a 777-200LR at 16 hours.

The longest flight for any airline in the world is currently Newark to Singapore by Singapore Airlines with an Airbus A340-500 at 18 hours 40 minutes.

I expect longer flights to emerge in the coming 12 months.

Last edited:
Currently the longest flight by all US Flag Carriers is Mumbai to JFK by Delta Airlines with a 777-200LR at 16 hours.

The longest flight for any airline in the world is currently Newark to Singapore by Singapore Airlines with an Airbus A340-500 at 18 hours 40 minutes.

I expect longer flights to emerge in the coming 12 months.

UM CAL does Mumbai from EWR... wouldnt that be like 8 mile longer!!!
:)

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=...s&RANGE-STYLE=best&RANGE-COLOR=navy&MAP-STYLE=

Apparently when DAL asked Boeing for aux tanks on the LR's (the longest-range commercial airliner in the world) Boeing's response was, "If you need aux tanks on this thing you're going the wrong way."

Big plans in the works.

GogglesPisano,

Big plans? Care to speculate?

GogglesPisano,

Big plans? Care to speculate?

Just speculation of course......SYD, SIN, HKG from ATL on 777LRS. 744s to JNB, TLV, Sao Paulo.

Bye Bye--General Lee

ATL-BOM and vice versa starts in november. That is 17+55 on the return leg... I believe that will be the longest that any US carrier does.

ATL-SYD... bring a sleeping bag and a few cases of coke and doritos!

Latest resources

Back