Delta E170 in LGA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
737 Pylt said:
Unfortunately, I think you'll be seeing a lot more of this!

Because of ALPA's/your MEC's short sighted bargain objectives, (don't merge with the wholly owned, don't permit the regionals to bargain their own scope, the "permitted aircraft" part of Section 1) the flying is not only being driven off the property but to non-ALPA pilot groups off the property.

The resultant dilution of contracting the cheapest carrier has condemned us all to the race to the bottom. ALPA's Bilateral Scope Impact Committee hasn't met is almost three years and the newest "take your eye off the ball" smokescreen committee is the Fee-for-Departure Task Force which will also produce nothing.

Of course, your MEC will blame their reckless union policy on management but management will always be management. Our problem is the union.

Last edited:
Jbitzer said:
Keep Anything Over 70 Seats On A Main=line Certificate... Stop The Madness Now... I Want A Future
Thank you!!! I couldn't agree more!

But they're real pilots because their plane has engines under the wing, LOL.

Yeah, and when ATC tells you to follow, or give way to a E170, make sure you respond "okay, we'll follow the RJ". They love it.

The 170...it is an RJ. I say nothing larger than 50 seats at any regional. As was stated earlier, I want a future at a mainline carrier too!

Jester1092 said:
The 170...it is an RJ. I say nothing larger than 50 seats at any regional. As was stated earlier, I want a future at a mainline carrier too!

Uhhh... that would be a contradiction, dude. The 170 is most definitely NOT an RJ, and should be a mainline jet. (Air Canada, i.e.)

aa73 said:
Uhhh... that would be a contradiction, dude. The 170 is most definitely NOT an RJ, and should be a mainline jet. (Air Canada, i.e.)
What exactly classifies a regional jet? Is it MTOW or does it just have to look like a traitional RJ, i.e. 145/CRJ-200.? Is the 70 seat CRJ considered a regional jet? Was my understanding that a 170 still was a RJ even if it was flown by a mainline carrier. Correct me if I'm wrong.

John Pennekamp said:
Sha-Ka-Ka. Shaniqua. Shi-Taco. Scuttle America. Republican.

They fly those big 'ol E170s for less money than I fly my CRJ700 and they're proud! But they're real pilots because their plane has engines under the wing, LOL.

Don't tell that to any MD-80 or 727 people!

What would it take for all the majors to come down and say alright on 50 seats or less at the regionals? Is that something that acctully possible? Don't get me wrong I am on your guys side on this but I'm thinking reality check....maybe its time that we need to be looking at a possible way to stop the madness. If I had any ideas I would bring them up but I don't.

aa73 said:

Air Canada doesn't fly the 170. It's a 175 which has more than 70 seats.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back