• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have there been any mainline pilot cuts? Not that I know of. The only cuts you should be worried about are the paper cuts you get at your desk.

Oh TankerClown, you just got OWNED..... When is your next pee break? Make sure you file those reports first Gomer Pile...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yep. ASA gaining 4 CRJ-200s. So much for the death of the RJ.

Aren't they taking flying from Mesa/Freedom for intra FLA? There will be cuts in other RJ operators probably.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So much for G.L.'s prediction that there wouldn't be any jobs cut in a merger. It was seamless with "little overlap." Man...the merger hasn't even happened and the blood is already starting to flow.

Yeah, for NWA guys it was the smart move.

Cowtowing to the greed of the DAL MEC would've put a lot of them on the street. DAL ALPA doesn't want a neutral arbitrator involved becasue they don't want neutrality. A neutral party would have had difficulty with DAL ALPA's paternalistic dictation and might have gone more fair.

Another thought too;

Should shareholders and executives proceed anyway with the merger, it WILL end up in arbitration where the NWA guys have a much better liklihood of a fair intigration then the take-it-or-leave-it ramjob offered by Father DALPA.

Again, good job guys..........you could have been another TWA.

Cowtowing to the greed of the DAL MEC would've put a lot of them on the street. DAL ALPA doesn't want a neutral arbitrator involved becasue they don't want neutrality. A neutral party would have had difficulty with DAL ALPA's paternalistic dictation and might have gone more fair.

Another thought too;

Should shareholders and executives proceed anyway with the merger, it WILL end up in arbitration where the NWA guys have a much better liklihood of a fair intigration then the take-it-or-leave-it ramjob offered by Father DALPA.

So genius, why do they keep coming back for more? Explain that? And Arbitration will be good to people who want DOH or something close? Riiiight. Ask the "East Infection" Easties at USAir about that one. Relative seniority ruled, and that is what we want. Sorry, but we are a bigger airline and we won't have the bottom 2,000 pilots all Delta. Nah. So, which AT7 base did you pick? MIA or SJU?

Northwest pilots want merger with Delta

Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal - by Carissa Wyant Staff Writer

Union leaders for Northwest Airlines pilots are hoping to keep a merger deal between the carrier and Delta Air Lines alive, according toa report in the Star Tribune.
Atlanta-based Delta (NYSE: DAL) has been in merger talks with Eagan-based Northwest Airlines Corp. (NYSE: NWA), though negotiations have stumbled in recent weeks over the issue of integrating pilot seniority lists.
Union officials for Northwest pilots sent a memo to pilots late Tuesday, saying that "expedited arbitration" could be a way to bring about a merger, the Star Tribune reported.
Tuesday, the Business Journal reported that Delta Air Lines Inc., in an effort to stave off rising fuel costs from hurting business, will cut up to 2,000 jobs , reduce domestic flights, and add more international routes.
Delta also said Tuesday it will try to stay open to the idea of merging with another airline.

[email protected] | (612) 288-2108

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Another thought too;

Stick to your little EMB son. Delta doesn't want arbitration as it will seal the deal, NWA will get creamed in arbitration to the likes of the very list Delta is proposing, and there will be another USAPA on our hands--after the companies have committed to the merger.

The greed of the Delta MEC is simply explained:

NWA pilots make significantly less money for similar equipment and in less gauge equipment.

The NWA pilots would get much larger raises

The NWA pilots get much better work rules

The NWA pilots get a larger increase in their DC

The NWA pilots keep their hard frozen DB

The NWA pilots get MORE access than DALs increased access to wide body flying

The DAL pilots get smaller raises

The DAL pilots gain little or no work rules

The DAL pilots get less of an increase in DC

The DAL pilots have no DB

The DAL pilots get less greater access to wide body flying

Meanwhile, the DAL MEC proposes a relative seniority list, which an arbitrator recently favored, in order to keep the career expectations on track. Yeah their greedy all right. Whatever. It's moot. Both sides have said unacceptable, and that's that. Problem is that NWA keeps calling, and asking where we have been.

Delta doesn't want arbitration as it will seal the deal, NWA will get creamed in arbitration to the likes of the very list Delta is proposing
Thanks Puff. Couldn't have said it better. There you have it folks....from the lips of a DAL pilot: NWA pilots would be "creamed" by the SLI proposed by DALPA.

And we should have fallen all over ourselves to sign.....riiiiiiightttt...

DTW320
Frozen A plan + 19% Targeted DC

Last edited:
Thanks Puff. Couldn't have said it better. There you have it folks....from the lips of a DAL pilot: NWA pilots would be "creamed" by the SLI proposed by DALPA.

And we should have fallen all over ourselves to sign.....riiiiiiightttt...

DTW320
Frozen A plan + 19% Targeted DC

No doubt, you are a junior NWA pilot. Otherwise, you may have actually read what I wrote.

The NWA pilots get the benefits of this merger in the form of retained DB, a greater increase in DC, more wide body flying, greater increases in pay, greater strides in work rules. In exchange, the NWA pilots do not get DOH.

In arbitration, the deal is sealed. Recent arbitration results favor the position of the Delta pilots.

Once agreed in binding arbitration, the companies agree to merge.

If we are left with a USAir type of integration, what is to stop the NWA pilots from pulling a USAPA type play when the arbitration does not go their way, thus tubing the new company before it hardly gets off of the ground.

In short, you would lose in arbitration. The DAL MEC as well as Delta fears that you will pull a USAPA and doom the company after it is already committed to the merger.

You don't get it both ways. You get more pay, more retirement, better work rules, better bases, more wide bodies, and a better financial career under the Delta pilots SLI. You MEC has chosen the unknown. Yet they keep calling "ugly girl" to see if she wants to dance. Maybe even though she is ugly, she is good in bed, which is what it is really all about anyway.

I had the same A plan, which is nothing more than a promise to pay. I chose the known quantity, and got my A plan in my hot little hands.

No doubt, you are a junior NWA pilot. Think Again PuffDaddy!Otherwise, you may have actually read what I wrote. Oh, I certainly did read it. I loved the part where you said NWA pilots would get the Delta SLI in arbitration and that it = getting creamed.

The NWA pilots get the benefits of this merger in the form of retained DB,Doesn't favor us....you got a better deal in the BK claim & $650m note.....according to you anyway. a greater increase in DC,I'm getting 19% now and many others are getting more...do I get to keep that at DAL? more wide body flying,wow...767300ER's that have fewer seats than our 330's and even our 757-300's and pay....You guessed it! 10% more than our 757....just like every other a/c comparison...BFD greater increases in pay, greater strides in work rules. In exchange, the NWA pilots do not get DOH.Never asked for/suggested DOH. You should really try checking some facts first.

In arbitration, the deal is sealed. Recent arbitration results favor the position of the Delta pilots.Then why is Moak so scared of it? Should be a slam dunk for you.

Once agreed in binding arbitration, the companies agree to merge.

If we are left with a USAir type of integration, what is to stop the NWA pilots from pulling a USAPA type play when the arbitration does not go their way, thus tubing the new company before it hardly gets off of the ground. You're really reaching now, but what else can you do?

In short, you would lose in arbitration. The DAL MEC as well as Delta fears that you will pull a USAPA and doom the company after it is already committed to the merger. You should wish that pilots have that kind of control over a Fortune 100 company.

You don't get it both ways.Oooh, sounds familar.. You get more pay, more retirement, better work rules, better bases, more wide bodies, and a better financial career under the Delta pilots SLI. You MEC has chosen the unknown. No, the unknown is how long the $ enhancements would last.Probably as long as the furlough protection agreed to by both sides lasted. The KNOWN is that the lousy seniority # that the DAL SLI yields would be forever. Yet they keep calling "ugly girl" to see if she wants to dance. Maybe even though she is ugly, she is good in bed, which is what it is really all about anyway. OK PuffDaddy, I admit it, you lost me there. Are we talking about your personal life or what?

I had the same A plan, which is nothing more than a promise to pay. I chose the known quantity, and got my A plan in my hot little hands.Precisely!!So please tell me why you Deltoids keep saying that you need/deserve some SLI credit for the fact that we still have our pensions and you don't. Talk about how you can't have it both ways! I've said it before and never got an answer: Which is it? Were you made whole and then some by the claim sale and $650m note or were you screwed and need SLI compensation for it? The deltoids here are saying both things. Seems disingenuous to say the least.

Seeya Puffy

Told you last Saturday the cuts were coming....before released...

BK court coming again, for alot of airlines .. just hold on.....dam* my source is good.....

General, you will still be spouting "International" as you go "glub, glub, glub" down for the third time. Int'l has NOT saved your bacon yet and as a former Pan Amer, I can assure you, it will probably won't.
This is a very tenuous theory you often repeat. Where are the results? Running from domestic routes and SWA is not a viable business plan. Besides, SWA has some problems of their own. ggg.

Latest resources

Back