Delta crew meals, lack thereof

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heyas,

I've seen the exact same thing. After getting sick from more than one crew meal, I avoid them all together.

Nu

Heyas,

I've seen the exact same thing. After getting sick from more than one crew meal, I avoid them all together.

Nu

My thoughts exactly. If the atmosphere is really that bad, I'd BYO. Sad.

I flew to Edinburgh last night and I must say my steak and shrimp was cooked just right. The FA even called up to ask how she had done on the steak. I was still full when she called to say she was cooking omelets and did we want any. Yes, I am DAL NY based.;)

Last edited:
I was on a MSP-LAX flight going to work, so I was in uniform. I also happened to be in first class. The lead FA (whatever NWA calls them) leans over to me, and in a whisper says: "We may not have enough meals to allow you one". I told her that was fine, then asked her if my Y-class boarding pass would make a difference. Somehow, they found enough meals to serve everyone in first class that leg. The whole exchange would have been laughable if it wasn't so transparent as to what she was trying to do.

I was on a MSP-LAX flight going to work, so I was in uniform. I also happened to be in first class. The lead FA (whatever NWA calls them) leans over to me, and in a whisper says: "We may not have enough meals to allow you one". I told her that was fine, then asked her if my Y-class boarding pass would make a difference. Somehow, they found enough meals to serve everyone in first class that leg. The whole exchange would have been laughable if it wasn't so transparent as to what she was trying to do.

Did that really happen? Its amazing how low some of these flight attendants will go!

Not sure I follow you. Y class on NWA means coach. Did you mean that you were positive space as opposed to a non-rev, and she was assuming you were a non rev since you were in uniform?

Yeah that employee group can be quite fun to work with.
One day I had a CA get in to fairly heated argument with a FA. He was standing outside the aircraft waiting to get it. She looked at him and continued to do what she was doing. He asked her to move, and she told him to wait. Well, lets just say it went downhill quick after that.
I'm a little sad to hear this. I'm not being sarcastic here, but, seriously, I had been told by many that the DAL FA's have a much more respectful attitude towards the DAL pilots. This all sounds exactly like NWA. Oh well, yet another thing to prove that we're all the same I guess.

Not sure I follow you. Y class on NWA means coach. Did you mean that you were positive space as opposed to a non-rev, and she was assuming you were a non rev since you were in uniform?

I should have been more clear. Positive space, Y-class ticket, upgraded due to CO Elite status. Perhaps she did assume I was non-rev, but she could have asked that question. I'm sure the meal count allowed one for every ticketed seat in front. Why would she have assumed I wasn't to have had one of them?

Did that really happen? Its amazing how low some of these flight attendants will go!

Let me be quick to point out that the majority of ALL Pilots, FA's, gate agents, etc that I meet traveling to and from work treat me very well and are usually very accomodating. Unfortunately, this particular scenario really did happen.

I should have been more clear. Positive space, Y-class ticket, upgraded due to CO Elite status. Perhaps she did assume I was non-rev, but she could have asked that question. I'm sure the meal count allowed one for every ticketed seat in front. Why would she have assumed I wasn't to have had one of them?
I understand.....and I don't doubt for a minute that she was just thought she could get away with freeing up a meal by not giving it to the guy in uniform. Sad but true. I've seen it myself.

Latest resources

Back