Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abernathy

Truthiness
I've noticed lately that when I've been up front on a transcon with DL, the crew will get no meal, even on a 4+ hour flight.

Other airlines I've jumped with on transcons with, they get at least 1, sometimes 2.

Does DL not provide crew meals on domestic segments?

Posted mostly out of curiosity.

It is part of the PWA.
One thing that I have noticed is that many times, if there are only say four meals and six FA's, they will give our meals to the other two, and then call up and tell us that they forgot to cater our meals.
I listen to this exchange on the inter phone and just roll my eyes. I always make sure I have something, because even if you catch them in the act they will deny it.
I will then get a call, if we are lucky, and they will tell us that all is left is the fruit and cheese platter. I will say the NYC FA's are the best, and almost never do this. It is or ATL ones that have been guilty the most.

Ditto at NWA. They'll say there are no meals left over - what it really means is no meals after they are finished. Take a head break after about an hour (after they've done their first service) and they will **always** be found chowing down in the galley.

Even had them try and swap Intl Crew meals (1st class for pilots by PWA) for a coach meal and have them take ours.

MSP, SEA based are the worst, DTW and BOS the best.

I have started mentioning to the lead when I get on board that we are to have meals this flight, so make sure they are catered. It serves two purposes. One they cannot use the excuse that they were not catered, and two, that I know I am to have a meal.

Now many times I understand it, if they are doing a turn, but they are to have meals too.

Yeah that employee group can be quite fun to work with.
One day I had a CA get in to fairly heated argument with a FA. He was standing outside the aircraft waiting to get it. She looked at him and continued to do what she was doing. He asked her to move, and she told him to wait. Well, lets just say it went downhill quick after that.

It is part of the PWA.
One thing that I have noticed is that many times, if there are only say four meals and six FA's, they will give our meals to the other two, and then call up and tell us that they forgot to cater our meals.
I listen to this exchange on the inter phone and just roll my eyes. I always make sure I have something, because even if you catch them in the act they will deny it.
I will then get a call, if we are lucky, and they will tell us that all is left is the fruit and cheese platter. I will say the NYC FA's are the best, and almost never do this. It is or ATL ones that have been guilty the most.
I think ATL FA's says it all.

Latest resources

Back