• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Flying - 100 Aircraft Reduction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This industry suxs sooo bad!!!! Pilots are pawns in this nightmare!!!!!

It all depends on ASA getting their costs in line. ASA still needs to become the second cheapest DCI carrier (of the original DCI carriers at the time this thing was inked) by 5 years, which oddly enough is THIS YEAR. Do you think Delta is going to sit idly by if this goal isn't reached? Do you really?

If ASA isn't the second lowest cost carrier, all that happens is that ASA only gets reimbursed from Delta at that rate. So, effectively, we make less profit.

Our contract doesn't get canceled unless the boys in SGU determine that we can't make any money at that rate.

The big question is where the rest come from. Freedom and the lawsuit...I doubt it. RA spoke very matter of fact on the reduction and the Freedom deal is up in the air with the lawsuit.

Mesa Sucks!

I can just imagine it.... Riddle Diddle taking their kids to the grave yards on the desert for a CRJ-200 expedition. Then just letting them loose on the grave yard to play with the CRJ and its cockpits. I can just see all the smiling faces. They may even have a plan to pool their parents money to bring one CRJ home to school.

Last edited:
Before anyone breaks out the champagne waiting for more -900's. Isn't DL maxed out on big RJs? Could it just be.....a reduction and nothing more? No trades?

Before anyone breaks out the champagne waiting for more -900's. Isn't DL maxed out on big RJs? Could it just be.....a reduction and nothing more? No trades?

They talked about (I think) two 737-800s coming this year and (I think) six MD-90s. They said they would park (I think) three 757s and quite a few DC-9s. That was about it. 737-800s would replace the few 757s and MD-90s would replace some DC-9s.

No mention of any CRJ-900 on order or any replacement of RJs with any newer RJs plus Delta is maxed out on big RJs.

Mesa was in court with Delturd today if that is any consolation on the 50 seaters.

Mesa will never get rid of the ERJs. They are too important. Delta will have to pry it out of JOs cold dead hands. Good luck to Comair and ASA and Chaniqua.

The Delta conference call had that 15 Saabs and 35 fifty seat regional jets will leave the fleet this year with 50 regional aircraft leaving the Delta Connection fleet in 2011.

Anderson also said something about having good flexibility in the regional contracts in the next 18-24 months to pull down these aircraft.

He also said that the fifty-seat flying was by far the least profitable flying Delta has.

15 this yr at comair(we don't fly them already) and 5 next yr

Latest resources

Back