• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Academy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does Delta Connection teach their students basic mathematics?

OK, what does the cost of attending DCA + cost of living (per year) - first 10 years pay at Comair (if hired) equal?

Sounds like a deal to me, especially IF you get hired.

I guess if you have money it doesn't matter. Being a pilot is cool.

Ari Ben Aviator

As you look around and check out other schools take a look at ours. aribenaviator.com. I think you will find its the best bang for you buck out there in the country. If you have any further questions please email me back at [email protected]

God its disgusting when a flight school has to lower itself to trolling other forums searching for students. Are things really that bad at Air Ben? Poaching from Pan Am and Flight Safety not enough for ya? Well since you feel the need to advertise on a different schools thread please answer me this? How many students have you had hired this year and to what airline?

I don't have the figures handy, but I can tell you if you come to the school you will see hundreds of letters from students that have gotten hired all over. Also I can tell you that we are doing 40-60 check rides a months. As far as the post when I read things like

"The only factual story I've heard about it is the guy that spent $19,000 on his private/instrument and didn't even get finished with his commercial."

I get frustrated that there are certain flight schools that do this.

Ari Cohen
Aviator

The salesman at DCA would never lie!

I love a school that has 100's of letters framed on the walls when you stroll on it, once again...do the math!

I believe ATA had 'letters' all over the walls too.

I don't have the figures handy,

How convienient, you should be running for President. "I'm sorry, I don't recall those numbers at this time."

I don't have the figures handy, but I can tell you if you come to the school you will see hundreds of letters from students that have gotten hired all over.

By now you should have had time to look up those numbers. How many students have been hired directly from your school to fly jet equipment and are making over $25,000 as a First Officer since January? What Airline where they hired at?

Also I can tell you that we are doing 40-60 check rides a months.

I checked the boards at DCA today and in the "months" of October '03 DCA had over 130 students issued new certificates or ratings. Thats more than double the number of your checkrides.

The "real" Delta Conneciton

5 MUSTS ABOUT DELTA CONNECTION ACADEMY AND FLYING

If you love to fly and want a career, do your research about ALL schools; I did for 6 months. I visited North Dakota (UND), Tulsa (Spartan), Daytona (ERAU), Oakland (Sierra) etc. before choosing DCA. In this way, when you make your decision all alternatives were exhausted. The pro's of DCA far outweighed that of any school for the following reasons. Remember, you are making a high money, non-tangeable investment like a doctor, albeit far less of a monetary or time spent one.

1 Every school is also a business, so selling is the modus operendi. Virtually every school will quote you around $45-55 K for their pilot to CFII/MEI program. Don't let $5K change your mind about the better program.
I can tell you plainly we have, quality, individual instruction, programs that really work, absolute best connections in the avaiation community (I have seen every single one of my past instructors, every one, 8 in all, get jobs flying an RJ and two of them were complete nut jobs [of all the people I've known since I have been here, maybe 200+, only 4-5 have not found a job through DCA. All average type people, car salesmen, business owners, students, flight attendants]) also free tutoring, backseating flights and an organization that is well established and getting bigger airline job contracts.
Every single month (from mid April to now 12 hires) right after training here in the RJ trainer, groups of 6-10 people go to interview at the airlines.

2 Give it 2 - 2.5 years (student to instructor) and you will be sitting at the doorstep of an airline (Comair, Chataqua, Sky West, Sky Way, ASA etc.) where usually only 5000+ hour pilots have sat and are sitting still. Requirements: hard work,vigilance and planning. 1 year for pure school by loans or what ever, you also need living money. .8 - 1.5 year(s) for CFII/MEI @ $10 per hour. People who don't make it to CFI: miss classes all the time, have bad attitudes, literally make asses out of themselves, make enemies in the student and instructor ranks, however it has nothing to do with your pass rate in lessons or stage checks; all you have to do is try hard and have a decent attitude!

3 Student life is like this: you are here in Orlando for one reason, to get all your ratings, your CFI time and ultimately to get a job with the airline. Private or instrument ground school (1 month), get help from the Learning Resource Center tutors they are there every single day just to teach. Fly with your instructor and backseat other flights, you basically get free training! Study every day buy allocate youself 8 - 10 hours to do what ever you want. I lived by the 8-8-8 Rule: 8 for DCA, 8 for sleep and 8 for me. The schedule could be at 6:00 one day to 2:00 in the afternoon the next so it's kind of topsy turvey at first. Get used to it. People usually get dicouraged because: They want more time to go play, be with friends, can't adjust to school, are worried about money, are away from home. Don't let this get you off track STAY THE COURSE.

4 It's worth it. I've been a student and now an instructor. I've seen both sides of the tracks. I don't consider myself as gifted or endowed with anything aviation, I just knew I want to choose my profession and I wanted it to be flying. This place has the best potential out of anywhere else in the world to do what I want to do.

5 Things will change. If you make the plunge, do it all the way with both feet in. I promise that you will make it.

kevdog said:
Does Delta Connection teach their students basic mathematics?

OK, what does the cost of attending DCA + cost of living (per year) - first 10 years pay at Comair (if hired) equal?

Sounds like a deal to me, especially IF you get hired.

I guess if you have money it doesn't matter. Being a pilot is cool.

dude if you can do 1+1=2 than lately you stay away from anything that is aviation anyways... so what are you doing at this forum? learning math?

another DCA bashing 10 pp thread...

go there -> talk to students -> check out other places too -> make a decision.

Forums will not provide you a decision.

I am also with the: "It is expensive but worth it." crowd... g'night.

Comair

skydesk said:
If you love to fly and want a career, do your research about ALL schools; I did for 6 months. I visited North Dakota (UND), Tulsa (Spartan), Daytona (ERAU), Oakland (Sierra) etc. before choosing DCA. In this way, when you make your decision all alternatives were exhausted. The pro's of DCA far outweighed that of any school for the following reasons. Remember, you are making a high money, non-tangeable investment like a doctor, albeit far less of a monetary or time spent one.
You rate a compliment for the thought, time and especially the reasoning you put in to make your decision. Based on my experience with Comair, nka DCA, I would not choose it. I also feel that other schools offer the same or greater potential. Nevertheless, I hope it works out for you.

Never flew there, but many of the Capt.'s I flew with at Comair said that the 'Academy' guys had major attitude issues. They walked around like they owned the place. One of the best friends I made at Comair was an Academy dude. So they are not all bad, but on the whole, there seems to be some sort of entitlement notion with many of these 'graduates'.

Besides, who the hell-k would want to 'connect' with Delta right now?

Duck, here it comes.........

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back