Delta connection academy pass benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BLing said:
Dont some of the homo's wear their uniform when they travel and act like they fly for mainline???

Sounds like your life is miserable... love to hear that. I have heard some of you academy haters are in line for a vitamin shot just to get 1h of flight time in a USPS air mail envelope... is that true?

Go f yourself before next time you make a comment about people who you don't know! As a matter of fact go f yourself already!

Not a big fan of the academy, but that's my issue.
Don't really have a problem with them non-reving, they're bottom of the list. I think it's a pretty cool benny for them to have.

BLing said:
Dont some of the homo's wear their uniform when they travel and act like they fly for mainline???

huncowboy said:
Sounds like your life is miserable... love to hear that. I have heard some of you academy haters are in line for a vitamin shot just to get 1h of flight time in a USPS air mail envelope... is that true?
Go f yourself before next time you make a comment about people who you don't know! As a matter of fact go f yourself already!

It's getting hot in here. Hang on, let me get some popcorn and a coke.

huncowboy said:

Take some advice from a former CFI, military pilot, and current 121 Captain...REMEMBER the word PRIVILEGE thoughout your career, it will get you a lot further than running your mouth! The way things are headed you'll be lucky to end up at a regional. Not going to be too many jobs for the young CFI with all the soon to be newly fuloughed regional pilots. I'll take a furloughed Mesaba or Comair professional over your foul mouth any day! Oh yeah, I've also been furloughed myself and have learned why it's good not to burn bridges!

DCA pilots are lucky to have this privilege, you are always welcome on my aircraft. But I won't hesitate to kick your ass off if you act like a jerk!

MJ42 said:
Take some advice from a former CFI, military pilot, and current 121 Captain...REMEMBER the word PRIVILEGE thoughout your career, it will get you a lot further than running your mouth! The way things are headed you'll be lucky to end up at a regional. Not going to be too many jobs for the young CFI with all the soon to be newly fuloughed regional pilots. I'll take a furloughed Mesaba or Comair professional over your foul mouth any day! Oh yeah, I've also been furloughed myself and have learned why it's good not to burn bridges!

DCA pilots are lucky to have this privilege, you are always welcome on my aircraft. But I won't hesitate to kick your ass off if you act like a jerk!
Well put sir. I could'nt have put it better myself.

1973Arrow said:
Not a big fan of the academy, but that's my issue.
Don't really have a problem with them non-reving, they're bottom of the list. I think it's a pretty cool benny for them to have.

Pretty sure they have the same priority as anyone else with a pass card S2 & S3´s. It cost money to issue the cards and keep them in the system. Otherwise why would Delta be charging their own employees for the priviledge. I do agree that it cost very very little to let them ride though. Just a little extra weight (more fuel) and the cost of a meal (if they are in first/buisness)

They get paid around $10/hour I bet and only get 2 days off a week...doubt they are going very far for the most part...especially with all there is to do in Sanford anyways.

Delta Connection Academy is aimed at a zero time person who is completly naive about thier options, it is simply financial sodomy. And I agree with Bling a type rating before you even interview for a 121 job. That is the worst advice I have ever heard as it is not really needed if you have the skills to do well in the interview, which usually occurs in an sim modled after a completely different aircraft anyway.

Assuming the interview is for a regional airline

Last edited:
huncowboy said:

Actually, my life is pretty good. I dont have a $100k in debt for my flight training and I am on my way to an airline in a few months. I actually do know a few people from DCA because I happen to instruct at a place with a lot of them working here. If you read my sencond post in this thread, you will see what I mean. Oh, and by the way, I never say anything unless I have the facts and can back it up. Also, you should really watch your mouth!!!

Latest resources

Back