• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta connection academy pass benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All the CHQ ones are going to be floating in the hiring pool untill this time next year and the Comair are going to be sitting at home. So they did well...

Now there's a real classy thing to say. If you'd like to give me your address, I'd be happy to burn an S2 and a day off to come teach you some manners.

172driver said:
Now there's a real classy thing to say. If you'd like to give me your address, I'd be happy to burn an S2 and a day off to come teach you some manners.

Welcome to reality...Guys have been in the CHQ pool for almost 5 months now and Comair is laying off.

WTF is this post doing on the regional board?

Isn't there a "dress up like an airline pilot to fly a 152" board for this?

MJ42 said:
Take some advice from a former CFI, military pilot, and current 121 Captain...REMEMBER the word PRIVILEGE thoughout your career, it will get you a lot further than running your mouth! The way things are headed you'll be lucky to end up at a regional. Not going to be too many jobs for the young CFI with all the soon to be newly fuloughed regional pilots. I'll take a furloughed Mesaba or Comair professional over your foul mouth any day! Oh yeah, I've also been furloughed myself and have learned why it's good not to burn bridges!
MJ42 said:

DCA pilots are lucky to have this privilege, you are always welcome on my aircraft. But I won't hesitate to kick your ass off if you act like a jerk!

Before you check my mouth, go check the comment about DCA CFIs made by the dude a few posts before. I am not a kid in my twenties and I am not training on my dad's mortgage either. I have been an officer in a military (not here), I got my education long ago, and I had more serious jobs than this or being a low life security guard or valet just to make ends for training.

I used to bust my butt from 6AM to 9PM on a typical day (mostly not on the clock!). I have never had a complaint about my performance at DCA or anywhere else. The fact that we only get what we get makes no difference as I am doing it for those students who are willing to study, and of course for myself to move on.

I know very well that CHQ is on hold, and Comair may furlough. The rest doesn’t look much better either. I have several friends at both. So I guess the world is over? I am not going to cry a river and blame the school for it. Life goes on, you still do whatever you have to. Although I would finally love to fly for a regional and start having something similar to a life again, I won't break down in tears if I have to instruct, tow banners, or fly kamikaze rides to the islands for a few years. Still better than the papers pushing in my old office for x times the pay. It is not like anybody has an easy ride nowadays being at the top or bottom in this industry.

I care less if they take away the bennies. It would badly hurt some CFIs when they try to visit home as most of them are out of state. Everyone is, or will become poor as a CFI. Not quite sure how much we would save by the weight of an empty seat on a flight but it must be extremely insignificant. Actually I am making some profit for the company daily. As little the amount may seem for a corporation like Delta, it is still true and I bet it covers more than the expense of an otherwise empty seat. Ohhhh btw we have DECU tooo... take that as well while you are at it!

So do me a favor and stop teaching me a lesson! I don't quite understand why and how am I burning bridges by responding to a very offending post. I don't know which forum you’re spending your time at but flightinfo is 50% flames and is full of violent content. So if I am running my mouth than look around and enjoy the language as this has become the standard here, and I am as guilty as anyone else.

I am sick of people making extreme comments and generalizations of those who they have never met, all based on some posts. Delta Connection Academy, Embry, ATP or Chautauqua, Comair, Mesa or Delta, JetBlue you name it there is 1000 flame threads for each. Is THAT bothering you at all? What if someone would make lies about your academy? Would you not be pissed? This is the net, it doesn’t mean I will cuss publicly in your 1st class.

Have a great day!

Ps: the “r” is between the “e” and the “t” on your keyboard.

Well huncowboy,

Just trying to give you some helpful advice but it seems you know it all already! Your pointless drivel proves my point more effectively. You may have valuable life experiences but your responses clearly show the immaturity that does not belong in the cockpit. Most HR people can pick up on this attitude. Hopefully yours will change or you will end up towing banners for more then "just a few years".

As far as teaching you a lesson...I never said I was teaching you a lesson, merely giving advice. I always listen to those pilots who are more experienced, it may end up making a difference in my career!

I guess you also missed that I said DCA students are welcome on my aircraft anytime, just realize it's a privilege not a right. Same goes for me when I jumpseat or non-rev...it's a privilege that I'm lucky to have, I am greatful for the opportunity especially since I commute!

Would I be pissed if someone bashed SkyWest? No I have more important things to worry about, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. There are always post on here that criticize SkyWest, I even may agree with some of the criticism. The difference between you and me is that I don't feel the need to respond to speculative comments. I don't cry over what other people think.

I appreciate your lecture. Not only do I learn from experienced pilots but inexperienced one teach lessons also. I'm still trying to figure out how you enlightened me???

Last edited:
1973Arrow said:
All the CHQ ones are going to be floating in the hiring pool untill this time next year and the Comair are going to be sitting at home. So they did well...

You know its quotes like this that make you realize what selfish a**holes some pilots can be. 1973arrow I hope that you soon find yourself on the furlough list somewhere with nowhere to go!!!

kc81900 said:
You know its quotes like this that make you realize what selfish a**holes some pilots can be. 1973arrow I hope that you soon find yourself on the furlough list somewhere with nowhere to go!!!

How is that in any way negative...lighten up...

MJ42 said:
Well huncowboy,
MJ42 said:

Just trying to give you some helpful advise but it seems you know it all already! Your pointless drivel proves my point more effectively. You may have valuable life experiences but your responses clearly show the immaturity that does not belong in the cockpit. Most HR people can pick up on this attitude. Hopefully yours will change or you will end up towing banners for more then "just a few years".

As far as teaching you a lesson...I never said I was teaching you a lesson, merely giving advise. I always listen to those pilots who are more experienced, it may end up making a difference in my career!

Would I be pissed if someone bashed SkyWest? No I have more important things to worry about, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. There are always post on here that criticize SkyWest, I even may agree with some of the critcism. The difference between you and me is that I don't feel the need to respond to speculative comments. I don't cry over what other people think.

I appreciate your lecture. Not only do I learn from experienced pilots but inexperienced one teach lessons also. I'm still trying to figure out how you enlightened me???

Stating that you would throw me out of your plane if I act like a jerk is not what I consider helpful advice. Just so you know, if I would act like a jerk while using the benefits I would be fired as an instructor. It has happened before and the consequences were made VERY clear to all of us the first day.

Don't take me wrong. I do appreciate any helpful advice from you or anyone else on this forum if indeed it is an advice. I usually don't forget to say thanks at the end either. I truly don't think yours was very informative.

You managed to jump into the middle of an argument. At least if you had seen why I made my post on the first place I would have taken it better. But go back and read your own post. It has no f words in it, but it is clearly a lecture: "If you act like a jerk I will throw you out!". Is there any other conclusion on that?

Based on your post I won't make a statement about your character, weather you do or don't belong to a cockpit. I simply don't think I have the right to do so nor do I think you have the same right but you have already made that comment anyhow.

If you state you have no time to get into an argument about Skywest than I don't see why are you getting into an argument like this, right here. The truth is that you saw my post, then the language made you mad, and you have reacted. The same happened to me when I read the original post. I took it very personal and reacted. It would have been wise to stay out of the thread for me. At least I was an interested party in the argument. If you would have been really wise, you would have avoided posting into this thread as well.

So the difference between you or me is that you don't feel the need to repond to some speculative comments. But you do feel the need to respond to bad language? I think we are not that very different after all.

So here is this thread and as a result of it now you have an opinion about me, and I have one about you because a jerk posted some crap. I can only think he is the one who is laughing.

Latest resources

Back