Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Taters

taters said:
At the regional level getting a type rating is as waste, at the majors it might look nice if you have a few types under your belt that you WERE ACTUALLY PAID TO USE!!!, but at the regional level give me a break.

So what about the regional guys trying to go to Southwest? I don't imagine many of them are flying 737's, yet a lot of them are going to Higher Power and other places to purchase a 737 type in hopes of getting an interview at Southwest.

Guitar Guy said:
So what about the regional guys trying to go to Southwest? I don't imagine many of them are flying 737's, yet a lot of them are going to Higher Power and other places to purchase a 737 type in hopes of getting an interview at Southwest.

Nice Try but Try Again,,,, you need to re-read my post....

I don't reread nothing. I seen it already.

Jim-Bob, fetch me my drinking chair, it's Friday!

DCA instructors are paid $hit wages and have even $hittier hours. Hanging around 14 or so hours for maybe a couple hours worth of flight pay. They're employed my Delta and should have privileges as such. They're low on the list, so let 'em ride!

On a personal note; I'm very happy and blessed that my aging father had the opportunity to re-unite with his English police officer friends (dad was a retired cop) before he passed away. The trip to England to see his friends and a few of the old AAF bases really brought some joy to his life. I only wish he could've flown on one of my RJ trips; he wanted to so bad, but by then he was on O2. As a former WWII air crewman, it was nice for him to enjoy what little privileges I had when I instructed at CAA, now DCA.

So, give it a rest, already! ALL employees of DAL will be suffering enough w/o some clown wanting to play one group against another over this glimmer of a benefit.

Last edited:
Hovernut said:
DCA instructors are paid $hit wages and have even $hittier hours. Hanging around 14 or so hours for maybe a couple hours worth of flight pay. They're employed my Delta and should have privileges as such. They're low on the list, so let 'em ride!

On a personal note; I'm very happy and blessed that my aging father had the opportunity to re-unite with his English police officer friends (dad was a retired cop) before he passed away. The trip to England to see his friends and a few of the old AAF bases really brought some joy to his life. I only wish he could've flown on one of my RJ trips; he wanted to so bad, but by then he was on O2. As a former WWII air crewman, it was nice for him to enjoy what little privileges I had when I instructed at CAA, now DCA.

So, give it a rest, already! ALL employees of DAL will be suffering enough w/o some clown wanting to play one group against another over this glimmer of a benefit.
Easy killer,
This is my opinion only about DCA beneies. I´m glad your father was able to use them, but I have never thought DCA instructors should have the same priority as active employees (even when I was an instructor there) I know all about the shitty work rules. If DAL is hurting for $$ this would be the first place I would make some cuts.
Cheers

Sinca3 said:
....I have never thought DCA instructors should have the same priority as active employees (even when I was an instructor there)....
Cheers

Yah, 'active' employees like the rampers at ATL concourse C? The spanglo commissary crew at JFK and LGA that ALWAYS get your F/A's order right? C'mon, employees system wide ride the same priority regardless of stature, only by DOH, whic DCA instructors will always be in the junior catagory.

Latest resources

Back