Delta connection academy pass benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
taters said:
And I agree with Bling a type rating before you even interview for a 121 job is the worst advice I have ever heard considering the airline will pay for it anyway if your worth it.

So what do you think about the guys who get a 737 type before getting an interview with Southwest? Not flame bait, I'm just curious what your take is on that situation.

Standing on the sideline it occurs to me.....

RCA said:
Anyone that thinks academy guys shouldnt have pass cards is a P.O.S. You shouldnt be jelous of something someone else has. Maybe try looking at the things you have the academy guys dont. And by the way they can travel on any Delta code any where in the world.

Noone's going to touch this one?

Guitar Guy said:
So what do you think about the guys who get a 737 type before getting an interview with Southwest? Not flame bait, I'm just curious what your take is on that situation.

I agree, in a major airline it is a whole different ball of wax, by that time they expect some pretty firm credentials...my comments were directed at the regional level....I should have been more concise..

Stand your ground, taters. Noone should pay for their own type ratings; It's against the natural order of things.

At the regional level getting a type rating is as waste, at the majors it might look nice if you have a few types under your belt that you WERE ACTUALLY PAID TO USE!!!, but at the regional level give me a break.

svcta said:
Noone's going to touch this one?

svcta,

Just to be clear, my original post is also directed to RCA. He needs to grow up also!

Hope you all realize a type with just a commercial ticket is just about worthless, it's a restricted type! You'll be taking another checkride to get ATP priveliges for the type once you reach ATP mins. Anyone at these places convincing you otherwise is just flat out wrong, they just want your money.

Difference between a 737 type for SWA and an RJ type...you need the type to get the SWA job. Also, it is probably your last stop in your aviation career. Most of us hope that we are not career regional pilots! DO NOT PAY for any RJ type!

MJ,
I was poking fun at the kid's whiny "look at all the neat toys you have, I should have them, too" attitude. What a bunch of future welfare whores. Nobody owes you turds anything, kiddies....I earned everything I get and then some. You(not you, MJ, them) have not yet.........that's why you're flight instructing.

And why are you(yes, you, MJ) telling me not to pay for an RJ type; that's what I just said. Direct that comment at someone else.

Paying for your own type to get a job anywhere is an indication of a job that I don't want, anyways. One man's opinion, so I'll leave it at that. This biz. used to be classy......I'm constantly dissapointed in the way we allow management to treat us as professionals anymore.

Where's the unity that existed over the decades that made this the job we wanted? These new kids that have only been in the aviation biz for 90 days before hunting their brass-ring airline job don't understand the way we used to band together and fight for work rules, pay scales, etc.

Listen up kids: this job sucks now because of people who want the quick fix. There are people flying a/c equivilant to 737s and DC9s now for a little over 30/hour.(CR9s and E190s soon) So where does that leave the job we are hoping to step into after the regionals serve our purpose. It renders almost the entire domestic market worthless for us. Management is winning. We all want to fly something bigger for better pay....but flying these "regional jets" (north america is a region now, I guess) as they get bigger for nearly the same pay is not worth the exposure.

Sorry, that was quite a tangent. Uh, roll tide!

Somebody buy me a sky belt!

svcta said:
MJ,

And why are you(yes, you, MJ) telling me not to pay for an RJ type; that's what I just said. Direct that comment at someone else.

Paying for your own type to get a job anywhere is an indication of a job that I don't want, anyways. One man's opinion, so I'll leave it at that. This biz. used to be classy......I'm constantly dissapointed in the way we allow management to treat us as professionals anymore.

My 1st sentence was the only thing directed towards your post...meaning...I'll touch that one and respond to this guys misguided post. Sorry for the confusion.

The rest of my post was in response to those who would pay for any RJ type, just hoping they won't waste money giving it to some Academy filling them with lies. It's just like having a commercial SEL but only a private multi, not going to get you too far.

As for the SWA 73 type, I agree with your assessment but if it's a choice between being a career regional pilot or opening a door to an opportunity I'll take the latter. If there was more worthy majors hiring I'd re-think my options.

Latest resources

Back