• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta-Comair staple?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dang-it! Recently, my CA showed me an article in USA Today about DAL and DCI offering food on flights. I meant to read it....on the overnight, of course,...but tossed the paper. Anyone heard of this?

Didn't they already start this on select test flights out of CVG on Mainline D? I believe they sell sandwiches and cold meals for like $8 bucks. Yeah I have a napkin and bottle of water that says Delta on it, the merging of seniority lists must be around the corner. Not even good flamebait :p

Hovernut said:
Dang-it! Recently, my CA showed me an article in USA Today about DAL and DCI offering food on flights. I meant to read it....on the overnight, of course,...but tossed the paper. Anyone heard of this?

I did a DFW to OAK flight flight (4:00 block time) with nothing but pretzels for the pax.

We have ATA peanuts!

At least you get REAL peanuts...the only peanuts we have over by us, are the pilots and the little styrofoam "thingies" that leak out of the boxes in the back.

I know we'll never see one listing by us, but at least they paint the planes the same as mainline. :rolleyes:

Treme said:
Flamebait.

Yewr real smart...(insert "Deliverance" banjo music here)

Man, ya'll can't take everything serious all the time!

When you speak of anything related to ASA/Comair/DAL staple everybody gets all fired up.........can't we all just get along?

No staple. Only eventual hiring in a few years---and they will comprise of a lot of ASA and Chataqua pilots. Maybe some Skywest too.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Don't even bite! Many years ago, when I worked for Comair, the rumor was floating that we would be getting Delta's DC-9's. We all knew it was Bravo Sierra, but we screwed with the Delta pilots every chance we got.

One day in DTW, a DC-9 was parked next to me, so I walked over to the DC-9. I went to the cockpit and introduced myself very politely. I then said that I wanted to check out the airplane that I would be flying in a couple of months.

I could see the FO's face turn bright red from anger. I could see the CA with a big grin because he knew I was just jerking their chains.

I told them that I was just jerking with them. The CA laughed, but the FO was still PO'd when I left the cockpit.

Moral of the story...the above was probably posted to jerk everyon'e chain.

Last edited:
GCD,

Of course it was. That is what I do. But, that really MIGHT be the actual feelings of a lot of Delta pilots............We will all see when hiring eventually begins in a few years........

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;) :p

General Lee said:
No staple. Only eventual hiring in a few years---and they will comprise of a lot of ASA and Chataqua pilots. Maybe some Skywest too.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Hey General,

How come you left out the ACA guys? Got something against them?

PS. Glad to see your recalls. Hope it will continue very soon.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back