Delta Chp 11 today? 8/7/2004

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta Chapter 11 advantages:
"1) Severe wage concessions from ALL employees, yes even ASA and Comair employees if Delta approaches Chapter 7."

Yeah, lets really pi.ss off ASA as their contract talks come to a head and cruise to a potential strike. While we're at it, let's stir the pot at Comair who is heading back to sec. 6....hey they don't have the nerve to strike, right?? Besides, those pesky RJ's cost too much and don't bring in any revenue.

"Let's all pray that Delta survives its problems. There are many lives depending dearly on the survival of DELTA including mine. "

Agreed.

jetflyer said:
Delta Chapter 11 advantages:
1) Severe wage concessions from ALL employees, yes even ASA and Comair employees if Delta approaches Chapter 7.
Why would it take an approach to Chapter 7 for ASA/CMR to take cuts? The cuts will come to ASA/CMR w/in weeks of Chapter 11

2) Would not have to recall pilots
Why? What if they need more?

3) DEBT refinancing at better rates saving Millions
And costing millions.

4) Make it hard for ASA pilots to get a raise
Raise?? Are you serious? Get ready for a pay/beny cut. An ASA pilot will wish they worked Trans States.

5) Get rid of Scope restrictions and could increase PROFITABLE 70 seater flying
You mean give all 70 seaters to contractors? That make DAL profitable? That's the answer to this mess? How about this....DAL pilots fly the 70 seater at CMR 50 seat wages/beny's. CMR/ASA could have the 50 seater w/ a 30% pay/beny cut. Impossible?? Get ready.

6) Dump the 30 Dojets in Independence Air's laps??(I've heard this is a possibility)
Indy? Won't matter much. They'll be bankrupt in early 05.

7) The more CASH Delta has going into banruptcy the better the chance of Delta surviving BANKRUPTCY.
You mean the more money lawyers make.

drag 4) Make it hard for ASA pilots to get a raise Raise?? Are you serious? Get ready for a pay/beny cut. An ASA pilot will wish they worked Trans States. QUOTE said:
Not without a very bloody fight! We really don't have that much to lose anyway.

funny thing...

how the mainliners are dying for ASA and Comair to take pay cuts. Don't you think it would just further managements cause. Why do you think they want unlimited 70 seaters?
Seems to me mainline should use some of its limited ammo to merge the WOs, stop the outsource and get every DAL/ASA/CMR pilot on the same team.

Unfortunately for ASA/CMR, DAL learned their lesson from the CMR strike. The routes are so overlapped that an ASA strike wouldn't hurt too bad. ASA could be spun off easily. The aircraft could go to the next undercutter. Trans States, Mesa, Piedmont, the list goes on. I have no doubt that other RJ operators would gladly replace ASA/CMR..........and the pilots would show up in a heart beat. In fact, just as mainline routes have been replaced w/ RJs, other RJ providers will start underbidding their "brothers." The race to the bottom is on. I figure ASA/CMR could take a 50% paycut and could easily replace the pilots who chose to quit/strike. Maybe even pay for their own training.

drag said:

Unfortunately for ASA/CMR, DAL learned their lesson from the CMR strike. The routes are so overlapped that an ASA strike wouldn't hurt too bad. ASA could be spun off easily. The aircraft could go to the next undercutter. Trans States, Mesa, Piedmont, the list goes on. I have no doubt that other RJ operators would gladly replace ASA/CMR..........and the pilots would show up in a heart beat. In fact, just as mainline routes have been replaced w/ RJs, other RJ providers will start underbidding their "brothers." The race to the bottom is on. I figure ASA/CMR could take a 50% paycut and could easily replace the pilots who chose to quit/strike. Maybe even pay for their own training.
You almost sound giddy about it. Be careful what you wish for! There is an awful lot of glass in your house too fella!

I assure you I'm not giddy. I find it sad and pathetic. My glass house has already been hit. Although I landed safely at another airline while on furlough, I've begun moving into other fields as back up income. If you're at an RJ provider and want a family with a reasonable lifestyle, I strongly suggest looking at other options. This job won't cut it longterm provided it stays in this situation. And the current condition appears to be getting worse. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

drag said:
I assure you I'm not giddy. I find it sad and pathetic. My glass house has already been hit. Although I landed safely at another airline while on furlough, I've begun moving into other fields as back up income. If you're at an RJ provider and want a family with a reasonable lifestyle, I strongly suggest looking at other options. This job won't cut it longterm provided it stays in this situation. And the current condition appears to be getting worse. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.
I hope so too!

Latest resources

Back