• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Chp 11 today? 8/7/2004

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In my humble opinion, the decision to enter CH 11 at Delta has already been made. Now its just a case of setting it up so they can blame the pilots. In CH 11, everyone, creditors, lessors, other employees, etc, will take cuts, and again, the blame will be laid at the pilots feet. Delta will get the costs they want accross the board and take non of the blame for the pain.

Well at least they can nail everyone instead of expecting the Pilots to save the company, as usual.

michael707767 said:
In my humble opinion, the decision to enter CH 11 at Delta has already been made. Now its just a case of setting it up so they can blame the pilots. In CH 11, everyone, creditors, lessors, other employees, etc, will take cuts, and again, the blame will be laid at the pilots feet. Delta will get the costs they want accross the board and take non of the blame for the pain.
Michael, I have been expressing that idea also.

The important thing here is that DL somehow put the petty blame game aside. Grinstein has been focusing on the pilots because that is where the leadership is. Whether he enters 11 or not, if he doesn't get the loyalty from the pilots group, DL will have very little chance of surviving. Hopefully, he can somehow mend his fences. There is much work that needs to be done in the next year or so to make sure DL survives. Everyone needs to roll up their sleeves, and accept the fact that the only way to bring DL back to it's former self is to exit chapt 11 with a solid foundation.

DL is well behind UAL and UAIR as far as guaranteed survivorship. They don't have the luxury of the ATSB that UAIR had, or the headstart that UAL and AMR have had. They have to catch up quickly, and they don't have the luxury of time to do it. My feeling has been right along, that at this point in time, 11 is the only option that can create a viable path for DL in the future. I wish I were wrong, but unfortunately it would take a gargantuan effort from the stakeholders to stop the obvious.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back