• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta at CVG

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The McDonalds in my hometown has served more than the McDonalds in your hometown!!!

Every year or so I log on out of boredom.... One of these years when I forget my password will be nice...

CVG was a great deal for Delta.

They paid over 2 Billion dollars for Comair, then subsequently shut them down...for a return of zero. Now basically a ghost town.

Ha! A few of us former OH'ers will soon be flying back into CVG again in Allegiant colors!!

I enjoyed my days based at CVG. Great airport to fly in and out off...too bad the area wasn't much fun

I enjoyed my days based at CVG. Great airport to fly in and out off...too bad the area wasn't much fun

What kind of fun were you looking to have?

CVG is great for families.. Top notch zoo, good museums, ok aquarium, Hyde park, Mt. Adams..

Sports? Bengals, Reds... Both fairly inexpensive compared to other teams... great flag football leagues(indoor and outdoor), soccer, softball etc..

Nightlife.. No NYC, LA or ORD, but Newport, Mt. Adams, Mainstrausse(sp?), Covington, and more on the city side.. It's not the greatest bar scene but definitely not the worst.

Golf? Some very good public (and private) golf courses... Lots of terrain, rolling hills etc.. Makes for some great holes and courses.. Always enjoyed, and miss some of the golf courses I played there.

Into dirtbikes or motorcycles? Plenty of trails and great curvy roads for all types.

Neighborhoods.. A little bit of everything.. From cookie cutter Florence, to downtown living near the river.. Upscale neighborhoods like Park Hills, Hyde Park, Mt. Adams.. Country living..Go north and you have many towns to choose from that are within :30 minutes to downtown.... Quiet suberbs, very little crime, atleast south of the river.....

If you have a family, Cincy is one of the best places to raise kids. Safe suburbs, normal public schools. Plenty of green grass. The city also has a large city landscape to it. It may not be a super bustling downtown, but it's no Ft. Wayne Indiana either.

And don't get me started on the COL in Cincy and N. KY...

If all ya care about it night clubs, then head to Orlando... Or wait 10 years, your priorities may change:beer:

What kind of fun were you looking to have?

CVG is great for families.. Top notch zoo, good museums, ok aquarium, Hyde park, Mt. Adams..

Sports? Bengals, Reds... Both fairly inexpensive compared to other teams... great flag football leagues(indoor and outdoor), soccer, softball etc..

Nightlife.. No NYC, LA or ORD, but Newport, Mt. Adams, Mainstrausse(sp?), Covington, and more on the city side.. It's not the greatest bar scene but definitely not the worst.

Golf? Some very good public (and private) golf courses... Lots of terrain, rolling hills etc.. Makes for some great holes and courses.. Always enjoyed, and miss some of the golf courses I played there.

Into dirtbikes or motorcycles? Plenty of trails and great curvy roads for all types.

Neighborhoods.. A little bit of everything.. From cookie cutter Florence, to downtown living near the river.. Upscale neighborhoods like Park Hills, Hyde Park, Mt. Adams.. Country living..Go north and you have many towns to choose from that are within :30 minutes to downtown.... Quiet suberbs, very little crime, atleast south of the river.....

If you have a family, Cincy is one of the best places to raise kids. Safe suburbs, normal public schools. Plenty of green grass. The city also has a large city landscape to it. It may not be a super bustling downtown, but it's no Ft. Wayne Indiana either.

And don't get me started on the COL in Cincy and N. KY...

If all ya care about it night clubs, then head to Orlando... Or wait 10 years, your priorities may change:beer:

I enjoy salt-water fishing, boating, surfing...mostly anything involving water activities. I'm also and avid snowboarder. I currently reside in SW CT which allows me to enjoy these activities. Also, I'm a short train ride away from NYC, which we know, offers basically anything you want from museums, zoo's, clubs (which I'm def. not a fan of), great sports, pubs, music, etc. Plenty of decent golf courses around too. I'm not disagreeing with what you have to say, it's just not a place for me. Cheers!! :beer:

I enjoy salt-water fishing, boating, surfing...mostly anything involving water activities. I'm also and avid snowboarder. I currently reside in SW CT which allows me to enjoy these activities. Also, I'm a short train ride away from NYC, which we know, offers basically anything you want from museums, zoo's, clubs (which I'm def. not a fan of), great sports, pubs, music, etc. Plenty of decent golf courses around too. I'm not disagreeing with what you have to say, it's just not a place for me. Cheers!! :beer:

:beer:

Completely understand the differences from where you live ... Just doing a little defending for those CVG haters out there.... I'm a NY'er originally... CVG definitely lacks in the water sports department!!

Latest resources

Back