Delta asks union to part-scratch pilot contract: report

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And Delta has 7000+ pilots on the property. It's so obvious now.:(

Actually, Delta had roughly 6700-6800 pilots before even the new hires starting coming on board. I believe this is just another case of gross ignorance on the part of the journalist. Even a cursory glance over at airline pilot central would give you a better figure than 6000. I don't think it's deliberate or they would have spelled it out for their even more ignorant readers (including we who waste precious breath taking the time to read through all of their crap).

It could be that Delta is looking for relaxed furlough language, but it's total speculation at this point based on another not-too-reliable media report.

Guys number one, the number that they are using is active aviators. Not total pilots on the list. There is a huge difference, but that is the number that they have been given.

Two, parts of NWA are for sale and if this deal cannot get done, parts may be bought. MidEx is in this mix as well.

Three, My highly placed sources could be wrong, but the 100 seater is not on the chopping block. If there were to be a relief in traditional scope, it would be for a specified period of time, and all pilots hired to do the flying would be Delta seniority listed pilots.
What they are talking about with scope is our "scope" language in section one that pertains to Merger and Fragmentation. section one of the contract is called scope and that is where this protection lies, hence the name usage.

Rumor has DALALPA giving 100 seat flying to their regionals as a compromise to force the merger without NWAALPA.

This would assure a bigger seniority grab from DAL as they guarantee the death of the nines so that they can get a raise and equity cash.

I find this hard to believe considering that both airlines are ALPA.

"Game On"

I find that hard to believe, and I would be very surprised if Moak allowed 100 seaters at DCI. I think almost every DL pilot would vote that one down.

Bye Bye--General Lee

New rumor it that Republic Airways Holdings just placed a E-190 order. RAH operates Shuttle America aircraft for Delta.

New rumor it that Republic Airways Holdings just placed a E-190 order. RAH operates Shuttle America aircraft for Delta.

Riiiiggghhhtt...Great time to be placing new aircraft orders and no where to put them. Are you inferring that they will be flown at DAL because of the "relaxed scope". Don't think that will fly. That would be a ballsy move to order a bunch of E-190 before anything was voted on anyways. Not to mention that part of the scope hasn't change and won't change.

Riiiiggghhhtt...Great time to be placing new aircraft orders and no where to put them. Are you inferring that they will be flown at DAL because of the "relaxed scope". Don't think that will fly. That would be a ballsy move to order a bunch of E-190 before anything was voted on anyways. Not to mention that part of the scope hasn't change and won't change.

He implies, you infer.

Latest resources

Back