• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta asks union to part-scratch pilot contract: report

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rumor has DALALPA giving 100 seat flying to their regionals as a compromise to force the merger without NWAALPA.

This would assure a bigger seniority grab from DAL as they guarantee the death of the nines so that they can get a raise and equity cash.

I find this hard to believe considering that both airlines are ALPA.

"Game On"

The -9s are going away anyway. Your MEC know that, which is why they kept trying to come back to the table so many times. I doubt very much that the 100 seaters will go to regionals. The only way would be to place Delta butts in them as a "compass-type" arrangement. I would have to see the details of that arrangement prior to voting, but would likely vote no on that issue alone.

I would agree that national ALPA is responsible for this mess, and I would also state that NWA ALPA would have also, and have, shown their greed with this deal. The Delta MEC position is one of compromise on the SLI, the NWA position is one which will hurt the Delta pilots much more than the NWA pilots. As such, it does not adhere to merger policy--as it probably should even though merger policy has not been invoked.

Who is the "has-been" airline you mention?

Personally, NWA and DAL are about the same from a customer AND pilot standpoint. I spent 5 years Jumpseating on NWA, 2 years jumping on DAL, and now a year as a revenue passenger every week on both.

Neither one stands out as being any better than the other. Mostly good pilots, a few "sky gods", some good flight attendants, some mean, old, hags, and both systems with some of the least-friendly gate agents in the business.

Just trying to figure out who you're bashing in that first sentence... and why? :eek:

Another rumor, since we are all talking rumors.

Steenland wants OUT so bad he might be willing to sell parts of the airline. This is his response to the pilots not cooperating. Wow!

Please say it ain't so! It is JUST a rumor.

The Delta MEC position is one of compromise on the SLI, the NWA position is one which will hurt the Delta pilots much more than the NWA pilots.

All this with no knowledge of anything, huh? Maybe it's the other way around. If you are 'in the know' then post your source.

Another rumor, since we are all talking rumors.

Steenland wants OUT so bad he might be willing to sell parts of the airline. This is his response to the pilots not cooperating. Wow!

Please say it ain't so! It is JUST a rumor.
That's not a rumor... that's fact, thinly-veiled.

He has a LOT of money to lose if he can't get this done in the next few months... One way or another, I believe he intends to take that money and run.

Whether the BoD lets him get away with piecemeal cutting up the airline is another matter... unless the DoJ requires it as a part of the deal with anti-trust issues.

Interesting to watch... Good luck to all!

All this with no knowledge of anything, huh? Maybe it's the other way around. If you are 'in the know' then post your source.

Sorry, homey don't play that game.

If you do not wish to believe it, don't believe it. That's your choice. Burying your head in the sand, along with the guys who are honing on the posturing phrases from the Delta MEC of "we can kill any deal", might make you feel like you can disprove the whole thing by creating the slightest impropriety in posturing-only words. If that's what helps you feel better about your position, than I feel even better about mine.

Delta is promising 6,000 aviators pay rises, .

And Delta has 7000+ pilots on the property. It's so obvious now.:(

If Delta pilots and their elected leadership are dumb enough to give away scope, after everything that's happened with small jets and the "portfolio", then they deserve to have their 100 seat flying outsourced.

Latest resources

Back