• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta asked to leave Dallas Love Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, I just saw that too. That's honestly crazy, since DL has been operating there for a few years now while leasing gates from AA. It's amazing that the airport authority can't find one gate that can be used by a couple airlines. Hmmm. I guess the 717s slated to go there will find other cities. I wonder if DL will try to fight it? And they gave them 2 weeks notice, right? Nice.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Lets see, RJ's since 2008 and now all of a sudden DL wants to fly 717's to DAL. Wonder why that is? Now had they been flying mainline since 2008 they would have a case. Typical boorish airline management at its finest. Lets face it, the industry doesn't exactly attract the best and brightest. The smart one's realized long ago that flying in the back of a new Gulfstream is way better than free flight benefits, even if they are positive space.

Lets see, RJ's since 2008 and now all of a sudden DL wants to fly 717's to DAL. Wonder why that is? Now had they been flying mainline since 2008 they would have a case. Typical boorish airline management at its finest. Lets face it, the industry doesn't exactly attract the best and brightest. The smart one's realized long ago that flying in the back of a new Gulfstream is way better than free flight benefits, even if they are positive space.

The Wright Amendment prohibited planes with over 56 seats (not sure on the exact number of seats but it's around 56) from flying non-stop to any city outside of Texas except for the few exempted cities which were mostly in neighboring states. When the the Wright Amendment goes away that restriction is lifted. So that is how Delta was able to fly from DAL to ATL non-stop since 2008 under the Wright Amendment. They used 50 seat RJs.

Last edited:
The Wright Amendment prohibited planes with over 56 seats (not sure on the exact number of seats but it's around 56) from flying non-stop to any city outside of Texas except for the few exempted cities which were mostly in neighboring states. When the the Wright Amendment goes away that restriction is lifted. So that is how Delta was able to fly from DAL to ATL non-stop since 2008 under the Wright Amendment. They used 50 seat RJs.

Well, clearly no one could have figured out a business model that could make money with those kind of restrictions on mainline aircraft........oh, wait a minute.

20 gates: SWA 16, VX 2, UA 2. That's all of them. What's Delta complaining about?

Actually, SWA is leasing one of the United gates now, so even though they only own 16, they're using 17. At least for now anyways.

If Delta truly wanted to operate out of Love they would need to pony up and lease a gate from one of the three owners.

I hope we use the MAT at LGA for remote parking....in spite.

I hope we use the MAT at LGA for remote parking....in spite.

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.

Honestly, we've better things to do.

Rather, let's keep pulling down a multi-billion dollar annual profit, and continue doing it smartly. That's more than good enough for me (and my profit sharing check) - and a nice hefty peanut studded turd languishing in the kool-aid bowl for the anti-Delta crowd.

Rather, let's keep pulling down a multi-billion dollar annual profit, and continue doing it smartly. That's more than good enough for me (and my profit sharing check) - and a nice hefty peanut studded turd languishing in the kool-aid bowl for the anti-Delta crowd.

I'm all for major profits from you and everyone else for that matter, it's a sign of a healthy industry. So that's no turd in my punch bowl.

It is when you are losing money that I'm praying we're still making it.

Wow... Kinda funny to hear all those who want restrictions out of Love complain about restrictions. Maybe they should have put some chips in the game when the terminal stranglehold was put in place 8 yrs ago. Now that the terminal is built...."waaaaahhh.... There is no place for us..."

Latest resources

Back