• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta/ASA travel benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmm. Don't a lot of Delta pilots commute to work on ASA? Didn't you just go to S3C? Seems to me a lot of you won't be making it non-rev or jumpseat this winter as fuel loads and weight problems increase.

Sounds like a mutual problem. Maybe DALPA and pilots like you should get off the high horse about how we're your slaves and find a mutual solution to the problem. I do believe a jumpseat war would get ugly, but many of us at ASA are getting ready for one.

And yes, we are complaining to you, because your union has the 800 pound gorilla on Delta's back to get this fixed, not us.

I think it is very stupid to charge an ASA guy every leg. However, your post is also very stupid. Why keep a guy from getting to work or going home just because you have a beef with management? The pilots did not ask for it to be implemented. Blame management...not the pilots.

Hmmm. Don't a lot of Delta pilots commute to work on ASA? Didn't you just go to S3C? Seems to me a lot of you won't be making it non-rev or jumpseat this winter as fuel loads and weight problems increase.

Fair enough. I always thought ASA employees should have priority on an ASA flight, and a Delta employee should have priority on a Delta flight. I do think it's wrong to charge you more than the $50 a year we pay, but that's not my decision.

I'm sure the DAL pilots will remember any threat of any kind of "war" when the merger is complete, and your flying is operation is rendered worthless. Maybe you can be a feeder for Skybus. Here's a clue: if skybus captains are making $65k, what do you think you'll be making?

I have no dog in this fight, but I'd imagine your militant attitude will not serve you or your colleagues well, now or in the future. How would you possibly win a "jumpseat war?"

I bet the mainline guys are thinking, "Bring it."

Guess it's a good thing that DALPA doesn't make the decisions on who flies what to where, and have no influence whatsoever on the decision makers, despite their illusions of grandeur. We'll be just fine, thanks.

Wow, this is why you shouldn't let kids fly airplanes, and make decicsions. Sounds like your gripe is with YOUR management (you know, skywest, inc.)!;)
I think you are having a hard time realizing that you are no longer a wholly owned subsidiary! And now you want DALPA to fix it? Too bad you're not a salesman for clueless, you'd be a millionaire!
I can guarantee you this moron. NOBODY will win in a jumpseat war!

Weak. If you can address the issues sans insults, feel free to try again. Obviously, you're not a commuter.

Fair enough. I always thought ASA employees should have priority on an ASA flight, and a Delta employee should have priority on a Delta flight. I do think it's wrong to charge you more than the $50 a year we pay, but that's not my decision.

I'm glad we agree.

And to those accusing me of starting a war, it's not personal, it's called leverage. We at ASA have zero power to change this, but the Delta pilots do. If they suddenly can't get to work, they'll be crying to their MEC for change and DALPA will bring it. If you want to make an omelet, you gotta break a few eggs.

To all parties with an interest;

Just keep us poor ASA (and DCI guys) at a lower priority if it makes you happy, but don't charge one and not the other. And if you can at all feel it in your hearts to let us have some sort of teeny weenie little bit of extra bonus like say a few S2C's just for a nice wee trip to Cancun someday, we will be more than happy to be your best friends.

Common sense needs to prevail. Why do we always end up bashing each other when we all know management (monetary) decisions are the root of the problem?

Have a happy group of employees or contractors (if you feel it necassary to use that label), and you will ,by default ,suceed. Provide a miserable environment and you will fail, take note MESA management!

I wish all DAL employees every sucess with their careers, but encourage each and every one to put maximum pressure on the "powers that be" to treat their DCI partner employees with the respect that they deserve. Desist forthwith from this totally despicable treatment of professional individuals who have been supportive of all who have struggled through very tough times in the past few years.

Much has been said lately regarding the demise of the regional jet, and the fact that the oil price at current levels does not support it's existence.
On it's own that is true. However, consider the fact that most passengers connect to a mainline flight. If it was "point to point' on an RJ, then, bad news for revenue! Get your customer to connect on a Business Elite seat to say Shanghai, then good for you. Money in the bank! How do you get them to do this? you provide feed from where they want to go!

In order to achieve this goal, any company must decide what the needs of the customer are, and focus on targeting those requirements. We all are working to a common end. It appears that some rather short sighted "executives" once again do not see the benefit in having everyone happy and contented in their workplace. WTF don't they get?

I suspect the top brass just are out for themselves no matter what. Now that's a revelation!

Once again, Delta employees, put maximum effort into having this situation regarding pass charges, benefits and other travel priveleges made fair and balanced. Everyone will suffer in the long run if management does not "wise up".

Weak. If you can address the issues sans insults, feel free to try again. Obviously, you're not a commuter.

Weaker!
Its a darn good thing you (much as you like to think you are) are NOT in charge of jumpseat policy, and who gets onboard! You want to start a jumpseat war over management's policy.
You sir, are completely classless!

Still not one date or flight number. It sounds to me like someone just likes stirring the pot, Oh I forgot this is the FI board. Guys we can't do anything about you guys being charged for non rev, that was a decision by management. We can do something about IF you are getting charged when you flow back to cabin seat through the jumpseat flow back agreement. We need information though and not just I heard through an FO that his cousin was charged. We need a date and flight number so we can pull the flight and forward it to our jumpseat coordinator. Additionally I hope that if this happens to you that you call your JS coordinator immediately, not just run to the nearest computer to rant on a forum.

Actually you only have the situation partially right. We are being charged to fly on ASA just like you are being charged to fly on us. The difference is that Delta is picking up the tab for us so we know nothing about it. I took this subject up with our jumpseat coordinator and the company POC also. They had hoped that since Charlie T is now at ASA that he would have your company pick up the fee for your employee's as well. So it does look one sided, however it is YOUR management that wanted this arrangement this way. A secondary part of the arrangement was that you got to keep your jumpseat priority classification. Which means although you are no longer wholly owned, you still come in front of OAL's in the priority order for the jumpseat.

Now I did get straight from both the company and the union that if you apply for the jumpseat and flow back to the cabin you should not be charged the fee's. If this is actually happening then we need to know about it so it can be corrected.

I think you may have misunderstood some things from your JSC (Craig I assume you mean). First Skywest Inc management did not ask for the new gate computers software that uses this "flow back", nor did they ask for these fees. Second, DCI has had a higher priority over OAL's since I have been here (Skywest) so that was nothing gained. Last the person I have been talking to had this to say in his latest email to me:

"Based on a meeting with corporate ticking and ACS folks, this is what I was told. Charges were not made in December because no mechanism was in place to do so. I believe charges started occurring January 1 but I am not certain.

I did learn that the whole program is being looked at and may be altered. I do not know any more information regarding changes.

As far as software implementation if the program still requires it; I have been given no guarantees other than it will most likely take several months to implement."

The software he (Delta management) is speaking of had to do with a change to the flowback priority which would eliminate the charge when it occurs to a DCI pilots (currently Skywest and ASA are the only DCI getting charged) jumpseating. It would change a jumpseating pilot to an S3(D?) which would keep them higher than an OAL, but lower than a passrider (who is paying the segment fee), and would eliminate the charge to jumpseat. I was told Delata did not want to implement the software changes during the holidays, but now we are talking months (if at all).

The reason you are not seeing any posts with a date, and flight number and $$$$ is because it went into effect Jan 1st and has not gone on anyones payroll deduct yet. It's coming though, and it is not fair to charge DCI for a jumpseat to/from work while OAL's are not charged....simply because of a software glitch. DAL pilots need to put the pressure on to get it fixed. DCI pilots will put as much pressure as we can from our end, but our management says "it's Delta's program, and they handed it to us. There isn't anything we can do about it."

Hope this clears it up for you.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back