• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta/ASA travel benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually you only have the situation partially right. We are being charged to fly on ASA just like you are being charged to fly on us. The difference is that Delta is picking up the tab for us so we know nothing about it. I took this subject up with our jumpseat coordinator and the company POC also. They had hoped that since Charlie T is now at ASA that he would have your company pick up the fee for your employee's as well. So it does look one sided, however it is YOUR management that wanted this arrangement this way. A secondary part of the arrangement was that you got to keep your jumpseat priority classification. Which means although you are no longer wholly owned, you still come in front of OAL's in the priority order for the jumpseat.

Now I did get straight from both the company and the union that if you apply for the jumpseat and flow back to the cabin you should not be charged the fee's. If this is actually happening then we need to know about it so it can be corrected.

Jumpseating is something a pilot group negotiates. If you're a Delta Pilot, you have the reasonable expectation of going to a UAL/NWA etc. counter and not have to pay for a jumpseat. (Even if there is room in the back. Why then, should a pilot who proudly flies an airplane in DAL colors (contractor or not)have to pay when UAL/NWA could have the same JS for free.

Delta Pilots- please ask your union reps to inform mgmt. that this end run on one of our very basic privileges is unacceptable!

If you list for the jumpseat and are flowed back to the cabin you will not be charged. There have been a few memos about this. Save your jumpseat request card as proof you listed for the jumpseat.

He is right. Every seat on an ASA flight belongs to Delta. You can't even buy an ASA ticket. ASA is not an airline, it is a contractor. If you don't like the terms of your companies contract with Delta, talk to your management, don't complain to us.

Hmmm. Don't a lot of Delta pilots commute to work on ASA? Didn't you just go to S3C? Seems to me a lot of you won't be making it non-rev or jumpseat this winter as fuel loads and weight problems increase.

Sounds like a mutual problem. Maybe DALPA and pilots like you should get off the high horse about how we're your slaves and find a mutual solution to the problem. I do believe a jumpseat war would get ugly, but many of us at ASA are getting ready for one.

And yes, we are complaining to you, because your union has the 800 pound gorilla on Delta's back to get this fixed, not us.

A secondary part of the arrangement was that you got to keep your jumpseat priority classification. Which means although you are no longer wholly owned, you still come in front of OAL's in the priority order for the jumpseat.

Do you have documentation for this statement?

I'm pretty sure we lost the priority some time ago. Delta jumpseat priority is DAL, then Comair, then DCI, then OAL. It used to be DAL, then ASA/CMR, then DCI, then OAL.

And it really doesn't matter since you have to get past the gate now with CASS and such. Most of the gate agents in ATL couldn't care less about the priority and view anyone not a DAL pilot as a first come, first served OAL.

If you list for the jumpseat and are flowed back to the cabin you will not be charged. There have been a few memos about this. Save your jumpseat request card as proof you listed for the jumpseat.

ASA's Dir Flt ops (SH) sent a memo that this has not yet been fixed, and no time frame for fixing it exists. And pass charges are expected to go into effect on 1/15.

Hmmm. Don't a lot of Delta pilots commute to work on ASA? Didn't you just go to S3C? Seems to me a lot of you won't be making it non-rev or jumpseat this winter as fuel loads and weight problems increase.

Sounds like a mutual problem. Maybe DALPA and pilots like you should get off the high horse about how we're your slaves and find a mutual solution to the problem. I do believe a jumpseat war would get ugly, but many of us at ASA are getting ready for one.

And yes, we are complaining to you, because your union has the 800 pound gorilla on Delta's back to get this fixed, not us.

I'm sure the DAL pilots will remember any threat of any kind of "war" when the merger is complete, and your flying is operation is rendered worthless. Maybe you can be a feeder for Skybus. Here's a clue: if skybus captains are making $65k, what do you think you'll be making?

I have no dog in this fight, but I'd imagine your militant attitude will not serve you or your colleagues well, now or in the future. How would you possibly win a "jumpseat war?"

I bet the mainline guys are thinking, "Bring it."

Last edited:

Wow, this is why you shouldn't let kids fly airplanes, and make decicsions. Sounds like your gripe is with YOUR management (you know, skywest, inc.)!;)
I think you are having a hard time realizing that you are no longer a wholly owned subsidiary! And now you want DALPA to fix it? Too bad you're not a salesman for clueless, you'd be a millionaire!
I can guarantee you this moron. NOBODY will win in a jumpseat war!

Everybody is welcome on my jumpseat. The guy trying to get home, or to work will not be used as a pawn in any silliness.

Our gripe is with Skywest/ASA and Delta management. Why Delta needs to continue to tick us off by kicking us in the nuts at every turn is beyond me, but, thats life I guess. Take Take Take.
May I have another.

Again I ask if anyone has actually had this happen to them (flow back and get charged). I hear a lot of hype but no flight numbers and dates. We can't fix a what if. We can fix something with supporting documents.

Latest resources

Back