Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ex nav

Delta Announces 50 Additional Pilot Furloughs

Delta Air Lines plans to furlough an additional 50 pilots as of Oct. 1, according to the Aug. 26 edition of the Aviation Daily. The new furloughs will bring the total number of pilots on furlough at Delta to 918 as of that date.

Lots of interesting times at DAL coming up. The proposed code share with NWA and Continental requires ALPA approval (from all 3 carriers I think). Speculation is that the company will offer recall and a new 100 seat alternative scale for approval of the code share agreement. In any event, code shares spell less hiring and less opportunity for those wanting to move up to the majors. DAL is still crying FM which, in itself, is posturing. The times they are a changin'.

NWA and Continental requires ALPA approval (from all 3 carriers I think).

CAL Pilots do not have to approve this! Just management. The CAL Pilots are not happy about that either!

Rapid D

Where do you get this info? If it is true I am very happy about it, but I have not heard it from the MEC or the DALPA website. Please post you source or pm me.

Where do you get this info? If it is true I am very happy about it, but I have not heard it from the MEC or the DALPA website. Please post you source or pm me.

How can more furloughs make you happy. I hope this is just a fast-fingered typo? :confused:

I certain he meant that he was happy to come back to a 100 seat RJ and a "C" scale.

Pilots can't complain about "RJs" if there is a line forming to fly them. Why should Delta pay main-line when their own pilots will come back for lower wages. Maybe we should arm pilots, so they can shoot themselves in the other foot.

No I would be happy because it would get me back off furlough creating movement. The pay would be negotiated, but would not be any worse than express pay that I was allready getting. I would love to fly a 717 or a 737-600 at express wages instead of the desk I am currently flying.

All that being said I highly doubt that this rumor will come to fact, as I have heard nothing about it from our MEC.

CCDiscoB said:
I certain he meant that he was happy to come back to a 100 seat RJ and a "C" scale.

Pilots can't complain about "RJs" if there is a line forming to fly them. Why should Delta pay main-line when their own pilots will come back for lower wages. Maybe we should arm pilots, so they can shoot themselves in the other foot.

AMEN BROTHER ... We really are our own worse enemy.

Latest resources

Back