• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and TPG looking into AMR Corp bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good points, and with someone like you at the helm Frank, we don't need a union. I am confident you would have the best interest of the company in mind and as a result, the employees would benefit.

Wave, I like a lot of your posts and you don't stoop to the "name calling makes your point more valid" school of thought, so, that said........ Scoots post was a very fair and a non bashing perspective of why some of us roll our eyes at the SWA RULES! posts on here. Delta (and I don't work there as you know) has accomplished much more as an airline than SWA, they have a longer history and they pioneered the concept of labor friendly management. I recall their employees buying the company a 767! They have had to compete with the LCC'c cherry picking their route structure, LCC's that paid less, had pilots willing to buy a type to get hired and yes SWA helped undermine the retirement plans of many. You still only have a 401k with not industry leading matching. That's not a bash, it just is what it is. Fair enough, it's called capitalism and it beats the alternative, but it's not always fair. The point is, as scoot says, anything can happen to any of us. SWAPA has not exactly raised the bar of our profession, they have just found a way to get in the game and prosper,,,for now. As DAL has proven, you can be the best run, most employee friendly airline around and it doesn't mean that it can't change. Actually it will change, not if, just when. Maybe 5 years maybe 50 years, but every company changes it's skin over time.

As far as the code sharing goes, SWA decided to expand with 737's into Canada and Mexico, their initial plan was to use non SWA crews......glass houses dude. None of our airlines are perfect and you can find something to throw stones about at anyone, it's wild career not for the faint hearted. But the whole "SWAPA rules ALPA sucks and SWA is the best!" banter is short sighted and hypocritical.

Take this as a friendly observation, we all just fly airplanes and it's pretty silly to play the "my airline can beat up your airline" game.

Well stated Dan.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Good points, and with someone like you at the helm Frank, we don't need a union. I am confident you would have the best interest of the company in mind and as a result, the employees would benefit.

Dan don't be surprised if USAir gets hold of AA. Parker might have learned from his mistakes trying to purchase DAL, what the judge is looking for.

AA fait is in the hands of the bankruptcy judge.

Dan don't be surprised if USAir gets hold of AA. Parker might have learned from his mistakes trying to purchase DAL, what the judge is looking for.

Labor will fight that hard but, unfortunately, the only way they will have much influence is by taking larger concessions to avoid that outcome. Money talks, if they want to remain independent they will have to purchase that with dollars. If they agree (not that they will have much choice in the end) to work for AMR for less than what UsAirways pays their employees they might have some pull. It's all about getting the debt holders as close to even as possible, they just want their money and equity in something with the best chance to increase in value, they don't care where the money comes from. I shudder to think what the concessionary labor agreements are going to look like.

Doug Parker is a joke. I went to listen to him in DC during his attempted takeover of Delta. He was schooled by then DL CEO Gerry Grinstein.
He'll be schooled by Thomas Horton, AMR CEO. And if DL want's all or any part of AMR, I can promise you 2 things.
1. Doug Parker won't have any say in it.
2. Shortly after, he'll wind up getting drunk again and spending another night in a women's prison.:smash::laugh:

1. It's the creditors committee that makes any calls. Judge just oversees the process, breaks leases and contracts etc.

2. Fate is what I believe you think is in the creditor committee's hands.

LUV

Latest resources

Back