Delta and TPG looking into AMR Corp bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So wait a minute OYS....

You guys are going to take back scope AND get a nice, big payraise?

HaHaHa.

Good Luck and GODSPEED, because your gonna need it. I don't think you'll get either....but you keep dreaming a big dream OYS.

RF

Oh, and DL connection does do plenty of hub to hub flying under the Delta banner. Northwest never, ever allowed it...but Delta? Sure, why not?

Those CR9s and E170s make multiple stops at some smaller airports but then flow onto the hubs and onto the coasts. No two leg transcons between huge cities like BOS-MSP and onto LAX.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Thats funny. Compass flts I have personally done in 1 day.

IAD-MSP-YVR
DCA-MSP-YVR
BOS-MCI-LAX
LAX-MCI-LGA

any other mesaba or compass guys flown coast to coast in 2 legs.

Saying you fly for Delta when actually flying for a feeder of Delta is kind of like saying you play for the Atlanta Braves when you are playing for their AAA team.

Except he plays for the single A team.

So wait a minute OYS....

You guys are going to take back scope AND get a nice, big payraise?

HaHaHa.

Good Luck and GODSPEED, because your gonna need it. I don't think you'll get either....but you keep dreaming a big dream OYS.

RF

Oh, and DL connection does do plenty of hub to hub flying under the Delta banner. Northwest never, ever allowed it...but Delta? Sure, why not?

So, ONLY you guys can have the big pay in your BIG 737s? Riight! Talk about dreaming. You are over estimating how cool you really are. You fly to El Paso a lot.

I think we will do just fine, and thanks to us making 4 times the PROFIT you do now, we have a better chance to get a nice pay raise, some work rule improvements, some better scope enhancements, and we DON'T HAVE TO GO TO EL PASO as much as you do, in your 737.

As far as hub to hub flying goes, I think the only one I saw was one daily CR7 from ATL to CVG, and CVG really isn't a shell of it once was, when it was a HUGE Comair hub as I recall. (I went in there in the 737 at my previous employer long ago). What other hubs are you talking about? Maybe 1 E170 late night between MSP and DTW? There may be a couple out there, but not as much as it used to be when oil was cheaper. Keep digging Red, you're trying hard to find something, but it really isn't significant, and our chances of getting higher profit sharing, and more pay on the next contract are better than yours. How much stock or extra pay did you get during the Airtran merger? The DL and NWA guys got at least a 5% raise the first year of their joint contract (NWA guys got more, rates brought up to DL's), and they got over 3000 shares of stock. How about you? You may want to change out those negotiators on your side too. No pay increase or stock? Really?

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Thats funny. Compass flts I have personally done in 1 day.

IAD-MSP-YVR
DCA-MSP-YVR
BOS-MCI-LAX
LAX-MCI-LGA

any other mesaba or compass guys flown coast to coast in 2 legs.

YOU FLEW IAD-MSP-YVR-DCA-MSP-YVR-BOS-MCI-LAX-MCI-LGA in ONE DAY? That sounds like a Southwest schedule. Congrats on your two leg transcons. It may happen a lot, but all you have to do is look at your paycheck and see the difference. And, those E170s are replaced by A319s in the Summer on those YVR routes, and most of the DCA flights are now mainline aircraft to the hubs. Learjets flying cancelled bank checks do the same thing at night across the country, but they aren't UPS pilots. Just not the same. You carry less passengers and cargo, and have less pull with the people signing the big checks. It's hard to compare the two.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Last edited:
OY6 thinks he knows everything but yet does not . We should all be one seniority list

It's been tried before, but the senior regional folk thought they deserved DOH. That will never float. Get over that, and maybe it can happen. Even an arbitrator can see that, it's called career expectations.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

So, ONLY you guys can have the big pay in your BIG 737s? Riight!

The OYSter

Yes. Our pay is more than yours in the 737, well for your 747/777 as well. El Paso? I love flying OUR passengers there, in the meanwhile you mostly just outsource every small city there is.

See OYS, your argument is that ELP is soooo below you. Yet you're still clueless to why almost 50% of your domestic feed is done by Connection. Again, I love ELP, LBB, AMA etc... we do our own flying. I know, it's hard for you to comprehend.

Again, the Northwest contract allowed ZERO flying between hubs on Connection aircraft. Delta? It's a free for all. Whatever Anderson wants to do is good.

Stock? Yea, I'm buying it hand over fist right now at 8.50.....err I mean it ends up being at 7.50 with our discount. Just topped a thousand shares, hows your 5 shares at DL doing?

You know and I know once the AAI integration is complete, our profit sharing will be higher. And those AAI guys that you so readily looked down on in the hallways before will be raking it in....with pay and profit sharing. Talk about leepfrogging above you guys!

Good luck trying to pull the Benjamins from Andersons' hand. Your gonna need it!

RF

It's been tried before, but the senior regional folk thought they deserved DOH. That will never float. Get over that, and maybe it can happen. Even an arbitrator can see that, it's called career expectations.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

You are no better than I. We deserve DOH

Just like you preach

Latest resources

Back