• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and TPG looking into AMR Corp bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, but he's teaching them a valuable lesson (although not necessarily the one he THINKS he's teaching). Besides, we don't talk about that on FI anymore. He's stopped bragging about it, and we stopped beating on him for being a no-integrity, power-abusing putz. I'm sure he still does it; but that's okay, we all still think he's a no-integrity, power-abusing putz. We just don't TALK about it anymore. Get it?

Bubba

P.S. Oops! A little thread creep again... hope we don't get "moderated!" :0

All I know is fuby and I both work for an airline that feeds for Delta. Only difference between him and I is that I do not deny the jump seat to those that my airline already have an agreement with.

We both are feeder rats. :)

Hpilot- do you really think furloughing thousands, then releasing scope over and over to the point that half of deltas domestic flights are done by whipsawed connection carriers is the same thing as caravans running for FedEx?
They're flying e170's and CRJ-900's with 76 seats on SLC-ATL
And ATL-CVG, ATL-JFK- how the hell is hub to hub considered feed in these sellouts minds? They'll see both oceans twice in a 4-day and they're supposed to be considered "regional" pilots???
We all know those geeks who used to run turboprops for whoever and say they flew for the major they fed- but you guys don't seem to be getting outerlimits' schtick - it's funny and pretty damn true- the definition of a delta pilot is pretty damn hazy on the domestic side. All about pull the ladder up- think about the numbers here! HALF! Half of all domestic flights operated by "connection" wtf?!? furlough then outsource- once furloughed they don't get a vote and they can keep on pulling the ladder up to benefit themselves. Professional my arse- no bigger offenders in the outsourcing game than a delta pilot. I don't even blame mgmt anymore- why wouldn't they outsource when they know dalpa is so easily bought off.
Sorry, it's a much different employment picture now than 15 years ago when I was running turboprops- these guys are delta pilots. Previous generations were sold out- but not like this. They had to deal with B scales, but at least they got to be employed by the company that provided the passengers. Amazing so many still don't get what pieces of ******************** they are for allowing it. And when I say allow it, I mean show up to work and stay quiet.
Sell outs until you prove otherwise. Most UNPROFESSIONAL among us- (except the 1 scab at spirit)

That's fine if you want to say you fly for Delta, just don't forget to add Connection at the end. Or Express if you're United or US Airways. I get it, you're average Joe doesn't know who Skywest or Air Wisconsin is. If you're talking to other pilots though, you definitely don't work for Delta. Tired of hearing some ****************************** brag about flying for Fed Ex, when he flies a Cessna Caravan. When I used to fly cargo in a Chieftain, I never said I flew for UPS.

Last edited:
Outerlimits. When you go to APC and look up your pay rates. What airline link do you click on to see them. It doesn't matter what the name on your ID says. The only thing that matters is how much money is in your pay check and retirement accounts. If it is as much as DELTA it doesn't matter. If it isn't then the "connection" be it small letters or not matter a lot. Just my $.02. Call your self whatever you want, but if your not makeing well over $100k a year "connection" matters alot.

Hpilot- do you really think furloughing thousands, then releasing scope over and over to the point that half of deltas domestic flights are done by whipsawed connection carriers is the same thing as caravans running for FedEx?
They're flying e170's and CRJ-900's with 76 seats on SLC-ATL
And ATL-CVG, ATL-JFK- how the hell is hub to hub considered feed in these sellouts minds? They'll see both oceans twice in a 4-day and they're supposed to be considered "regional" pilots???
We all know those geeks who used to run turboprops for whoever and say they flew for the major they fed- but you guys don't seem to be getting outerlimits' schtick - it's funny and pretty damn true- the definition of a delta pilot is pretty damn hazy on the domestic side. All about pull the ladder up- think about the numbers here! HALF! Half of all domestic flights operated by "connection" wtf?!? furlough then outsource- once furloughed they don't get a vote and they can keep on pulling the ladder up to benefit themselves. Professional my arse- no bigger offenders in the outsourcing game than a delta pilot. I don't even blame mgmt anymore- why wouldn't they outsource when they know dalpa is so easily bought off.
Sorry, it's a much different employment picture now than 15 years ago when I was running turboprops- these guys are delta pilots. Previous generations were sold out- but not like this. They had to deal with B scales, but at least they got to be employed by the company that provided the passengers. Amazing so many still don't get what pieces of ******************** they are for allowing it. And when I say allow it, I mean show up to work and stay quiet.
Sell outs until you prove otherwise. Most UNPROFESSIONAL among us- (except the 1 scab at spirit)

There are no E170s or CR9s flying from SLC to ATL. That is a lie, or yet another over exaggeration from you. (No CR9s from ATL to JFK either---do you just make this up? Look it up online if you have to and verify) Don't you guys fly coast to coast in a 4 day trip? But wait, your name is "Southwest???" (this is your dumb argument) Shouldn't you ONLY see the Southwest??? Those CR9s and E170s make multiple stops at some smaller airports but then flow onto the hubs and onto the coasts. No two leg transcons between huge cities like BOS-MSP and onto LAX.

High oil is starting to take care of the 50 seat RJ problem, and tightening of scope is almost a certainty in this upcoming contract. There wasn't any extra scope allowed in the joint contract with NWA, which should tell you something. The deeds of the past, that I wasn't a part of, are just that, a thing of the past. They need to be corrected, but it will take awhile, and higher oil is helping. Scope issues are not only limited to RJs, rather Joint Ventures, Code-shares, and others. All are being watched and readied for upcoming negotiations, and talks about more possible consolidation only helps the cause, since management undoubtably wants any possible mergers in the future to be as smooth as the last one. That was a huge advantage over the likes of UAL/CAL, USair, and your mean spirited merger too. Yours will sting for years.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Last edited:
Don't call me a liar, mil geek- me and my furloughed brethren had to interview for the right to fly our old routes in RJs-maybe the airline that did that was American, maybe united, or continental, maybe I had recall rights to delta - you don't know and I don't care to share bc the shoe fits to various degrees for all of them. The list of million people markets connected through RJs is very simple these days=all of them. And I personally have been on a -900 from SLC-ATL. So don't tell me delta would never.
Just look at the route maps: this is just two of your connection carriers:

http://www.expressjet.com/wp-content/downloads/routemaps/Delta_RouteSystem.pdf?_=510358264
http://www.skywest.com/routemaps/rm_img/Delta_RouteSystem(JAN12).pdf

If you say it's getting better, good. I will always give you the opportunity to save face and correct it. But until then, sorry- sellouts are all you are. And as junior as you are- like I said- watch your own six- that group has a history that you better know-

Last edited:
If you say it's getting better, good. I will always give you the opportunity to save face and correct it. But until then, sorry- sellouts are all you are. And as junior as you are- like I said- watch your own six- that group has a history that you better know-

Waveflyer:
You seem to be a pretty intelligent guy, so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. But when you call anyone sellouts, you give yourself the hypocrite tag.
Since when, before 9/11, has Southwest done anything for the better of the industry. Southwest always had lower pay and work rules, including the requirement to buy a 737 type to get hired. Only due to recent (last 10 years) inept management has the legacies floundered. The tide seems to be turning towards the legacies though. Delta will have had 3 years of sustained profitability. First time in a decade. Be careful when patting yourself on the back over nothing you had control over, because that same hand will be used to relieve the same guy you're peeing on!

Don't call me a liar, mil geek- me and my furloughed brethren had to interview for the right to fly our old routes in RJs-maybe the airline that did that was American, maybe united, or continental, maybe I had recall rights to delta - you don't know and I don't care to share bc the shoe fits to various degrees for all of them. The list of million people markets connected through RJs is very simple these days=all of them. And I personally have been on a -900 from SLC-ATL. So don't tell me delta would never.
Just look at the route maps: this is just two of your connection carriers:

http://www.expressjet.com/wp-content/downloads/routemaps/Delta_RouteSystem.pdf?_=510358264
http://www.skywest.com/routemaps/rm_img/Delta_RouteSystem(JAN12).pdf

YOU ARE WRONG. THERE ARE NO CR9s or E170s FROM SLC TO ATL OR ATL TO JFK. IF YOU FLEW ON ONE ONCE, CONGRATS, it was probably a reposition flight. LOOK in the CURRENT SCHEDULES next time. You could have flown a DL 747 from ATL to OKC back in the late 70s too, but that doesn't mean they fly there today.

And, I haven't been here long enough to have a vote, so don't call all of us sell outs. A lot of that stuff probably went on before those senior guys left prior to the DL BK. Over at my old one those guys are still there, but at DL most of those guys left for their lump sums supposedly. I think the majority of the current pilots wouldn't give an inch, because they had to go through all of this as mid level seniority guys after 9-11. Those senior guys were making the shots then, but then they had to leave for their retirement checks. Don't accuse a group of something unless you know the current dynamic of that group.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Waveflyer:
You seem to be a pretty intelligent guy, so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. But when you call anyone sellouts, you give yourself the hypocrite tag.
Since when, before 9/11, has Southwest done anything for the better of the industry. Southwest always had lower pay and work rules, including the requirement to buy a 737 type to get hired. Only due to recent (last 10 years) inept management has the legacies floundered. The tide seems to be turning towards the legacies though. Delta will have had 3 years of sustained profitability. First time in a decade. Be careful when patting yourself on the back over nothing you had control over, because that same hand will be used to relieve the same guy you're peeing on!

+1000

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Latest resources

Back