• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and TPG looking into AMR Corp bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you look at it that way then I want to be at Southwest. I hear some of there pilots are making almost 500,000 dollars . What does a Delta pilot make 180?

I guess That is why the Delta pilots are so jellous of the Southwest pilots.

If I go fly for mother Delta, will I be required to drull over the Southwest pilots?

You're not really helping your argument guy. You are doing a fantastic job of perpetuating the persona of a completely out of touch, arrogant, entitled and barely literate rj pilot. The rest of us rj pukes truly thank you.

Last edited:
If you look at it that way then I want to be at Southwest. I hear some of there pilots are making almost 500,000 dollars . What does a Delta pilot make 180?

I guess That is why the Delta pilots are so jellous of the Southwest pilots.

If I go fly for mother Delta, will I be required to drull over the Southwest pilots?

No, but you will be required to spell correctly.

Hello Moderators? Isn't everyone except 4-5 dorks tired of the DAL/SWA fighting?

As for AMERICAN (the title of this thread?), I agree there is no way DAL is a serious contender. They are doing it to pump the eventual price Airways will have to bid. TPG has been a phantom partner before to make a BS bid seem credible. RA knows full well the government would never allow such a behemoth, especially the current administration. Look how the ATT/T-Mobile thing went down... with WAY less overlap than a DAL/AA merger. The government and consumer is getting wise to less competition = less choices/higher prices/worse service. Airways maybe, but DAL will never acquire AA.

OYS- you get the label "sellout" right along with all your DALPA buddies- look at your attitude towards your connection pilots- you treat them 2nd class all the way, while voting to keep them 2nd class. You don't get it. You don't understand the downward pressure you put on your own wages.

That's an interesting observation of some in another group Wave. Just replace "connection" with "aquired". Good luck with the upcoming Section 6.

Wait we might be into something here-
You see outsourcing, and then furloughing to outsource, as a reasonable response to competitive pressures?? Is that what you're saying?
As a legacy pilot I didn't have a realistic expectation that Swa look out for me, I did have that expectation from my union.

So I clearly think that's a sellout's argument. I use that term for a reason. We aren't talking about delta taking paycuts bc Swa undercuts them- you're saying that delta had to outsource because Swa undercut? Am I hearing you right? You'd have never outsourced one RJ if it weren't for LCCs?

So dumb argument's aside- and maybe some Swa pilots can chime in here- to get acknowledge your dig: has there ever been a time when "SWA Pilot" wasn't a well paying career? Funny how you guys like to ignore options Swa paid.
When you complain about how much your CEO takes in- do you ignore his stock options too?

Sure we fly more- but we're also way more efficient- and for my time, having done both legacy and Swa flying- ill take Swa every time. You just don't know until you live it. Not that I need to defend it to a group of sellouts...

Ok. You never answered the question, but now seeing you're "holier than thou" attitude, I'm not surprised.
I'll try it again.
Since when, before 9/11, has Southwest done anything for the better of the industry?
Southwest always had lower pay and work rules, including the requirement to buy a 737 type to get hired. Only due to recent (last 10 years) inept management has the legacies floundered. And now it looks like even the mighty Southwests' model is floundering. How many losses have you experienced lately?
You're also trying to compare Delta vs. Southwest. Southwest cherry picks "profitable routes." Southwest isn't a global airline. You fly to 72 cities in 37 states. Delta is a GLOBAL carrier, flying to 6 continents, so naturally there's going to have to be some source of outsourcing. Can you just imagine flying a 737 into Albany GA? THere's just not enough there to support it. Even the mighty BA, Air France have outsourcing. I'm not supporting it, but there's eventually going to be need for some source of outsourcing to get the feed to be a dominant WORLD carrier.
And never talk of furloughs Wave. Southwest may have never furloughed, but up until recent events they never posted a single loss either. Your walk on water could turn into a drowning affair if you're not careful. The purchase of Air Tran was due to your maxed out expansion, so the only way to do it was the acquisition of Air Tran.
With the pressures of low paying Us Airways, and the recent BK of AMR, things are going to be very interesting in the coming years.

So, ONLY you guys can have the big pay in your BIG 737s? Riight! Talk about dreaming. You are over estimating how cool you really are. You fly to El Paso a lot.

I think we will do just fine, and thanks to us making 4 times the PROFIT you do now, we have a better chance to get a nice pay raise, some work rule improvements, some better scope enhancements, and we DON'T HAVE TO GO TO EL PASO as much as you do, in your 737.

As far as hub to hub flying goes, I think the only one I saw was one daily CR7 from ATL to CVG, and CVG really isn't a shell of it once was, when it was a HUGE Comair hub as I recall. (I went in there in the 737 at my previous employer long ago). What other hubs are you talking about? Maybe 1 E170 late night between MSP and DTW? There may be a couple out there, but not as much as it used to be when oil was cheaper. Keep digging Red, you're trying hard to find something, but it really isn't significant, and our chances of getting higher profit sharing, and more pay on the next contract are better than yours. How much stock or extra pay did you get during the Airtran merger? The DL and NWA guys got at least a 5% raise the first year of their joint contract (NWA guys got more, rates brought up to DL's), and they got over 3000 shares of stock. How about you? You may want to change out those negotiators on your side too. No pay increase or stock? Really?

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Dude what are you talking about. Look out your window nextime your taxing out of your so called big airport. It is a sea of RJ s....

We soon will even more flying. You might want me to help you get a job here.

Latest resources

Back