Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are no better than I. We deserve DOH

Just like you preach

That is incorrect according to arbitrators. Most have given relative seniority, and also have placed people in order of career expectations. The Nic award at USair had the top 500 pilots (all flying widebodies as Captains) at the top of that award because the East had international widebody flying, and the West did not. The same could apply here.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

That is incorrect according to arbitrators. Most have given relative seniority, and also have placed people in order of career expectations. The Nic award at USair had the top 500 pilots (all flying widebodies as Captains) at the top of that award because the East had international widebody flying, and the West did not. The same could apply here.

jackwagon!

Yes. Our pay is more than yours in the 737, well for your 747/777 as well. El Paso? I love flying OUR passengers there, in the meanwhile you mostly just outsource every small city there is.

See OYS, your argument is that ELP is soooo below you. Yet you're still clueless to why almost 50% of your domestic feed is done by Connection. Again, I love ELP, LBB, AMA etc... we do our own flying. I know, it's hard for you to comprehend.

Again, the Northwest contract allowed ZERO flying between hubs on Connection aircraft. Delta? It's a free for all. Whatever Anderson wants to do is good.

Stock? Yea, I'm buying it hand over fist right now at 8.50.....err I mean it ends up being at 7.50 with our discount. Just topped a thousand shares, hows your

5 shares at DL doing?

You know and I know once the AAI integration is complete, our profit sharing will be higher. And those AAI guys that you so readily looked down on in the hallways before will be raking it in....with pay and profit sharing. Talk about leepfrogging above you guys!

Good luck trying to pull the Benjamins from Andersons' hand. Your gonna need it!

RF

Remember, I wasn't there at our joint contract, so I didn't get the stock. But everyone else got between 3000 and 3800 shares. So, you keep buying more
of yours, and hopefully you too can get that many, on your own dime?? You should have gotten them via SWAPA.

Those Airtran guys that I what? Looked down upon? I only remember you trashing them, comparing them to slim Jims. That wasn't nice.

I dont expect Anderson to hand over free cash at any negotiation, but higher profits sure helps the cause. I don't think Anderson will keep our widebody pay the same as your 737 pay, and everyone knows it should be higher, especially since the airline is 4 times more profitable than another one we know! I am also glad you like ELP. I just did a Jackson Hole, WY layover. It was fun, and it's a small city. Imagine that! How many small cities will you discontinue on the 717 coming up here? Charleston, WV? Branson? Tunica? Gulfport? Moline? Let's hope they all stick around.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Last edited:
Back on topic. I just don't see all of DL and all of AMR merging. Too big. But, the creditors may have other ideas.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

OYS,

Here's a newsflash for you...we'll do small cities as long as their profitable. Good luck in your negotiations, your gonna need it.

RF

OYS,

Here's a newsflash for you...we'll do small cities as long as their profitable. Good luck in your negotiations, your gonna need it.

RF

Thanks Red, I think the same goes for us when it comes to small towns. And thanks to profits 4 times the size of yours, I think we have a good chance at major increases in different parts of the contract. Thanks for the good luck wishes.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Wait we might be into something here-
You see outsourcing, and then furloughing to outsource, as a reasonable response to competitive pressures?? Is that what you're saying?
As a legacy pilot I didn't have a realistic expectation that Swa look out for me, I did have that expectation from my union.

So I clearly think that's a sellout's argument. I use that term for a reason. We aren't talking about delta taking paycuts bc Swa undercuts them- you're saying that delta had to outsource because Swa undercut? Am I hearing you right? You'd have never outsourced one RJ if it weren't for LCCs?

So dumb argument's aside- and maybe some Swa pilots can chime in here- to get acknowledge your dig: has there ever been a time when "SWA Pilot" wasn't a well paying career? Funny how you guys like to ignore options Swa paid.
When you complain about how much your CEO takes in- do you ignore his stock options too?

Sure we fly more- but we're also way more efficient- and for my time, having done both legacy and Swa flying- ill take Swa every time. You just don't know until you live it. Not that I need to defend it to a group of sellouts...

Waveflyer:
You seem to be a pretty intelligent guy, so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. But when you call anyone sellouts, you give yourself the hypocrite tag.
Since when, before 9/11, has Southwest done anything for the better of the industry. Southwest always had lower pay and work rules, including the requirement to buy a 737 type to get hired. Only due to recent (last 10 years) inept management has the legacies floundered. The tide seems to be turning towards the legacies though. Delta will have had 3 years of sustained profitability. First time in a decade. Be careful when patting yourself on the back over nothing you had control over, because that same hand will be used to relieve the same guy you're peeing on!

Last edited:
OYS- you get the label "sellout" right along with all your DALPA buddies- look at your attitude towards your connection pilots- you treat them 2nd class all the way, while voting to keep them 2nd class. You don't get it. You don't understand the downward pressure you put on your own wages.
Look- I'm not saying you owe republic or skywest anything- I'm just saying until DALPA as a group votes to take back flying instead of keeping status quo or releasing scope even further- you're a sellout. Why? Bc you show up to work every day when almost half your domestic flying is outsourced. Half. It's an incredible number and way too large to give anyone a pass.
Giving you a pass now would give an opportunity for that same lame excuse DALPA's been providing for 20 years- "I didn't vote for it! I voted no!""Wasn't me!!"
Yeah, right-
You, as a DALPA member in good standing, flying right now- every day, under a contract that outsources so much are a sellout.
And you are until you aren't.
I hope you and yours choose better in the future- but I will doubt you and call you out every day until you ACTUALLY do.
I've heard too many words and promises to be remotely impressed w/ any you provide.
And like I said- you're way too junior to know what I'm talking about- id spend all your energy watching your own back OYS

Last edited:
Outerlimits. When you go to APC and look up your pay rates. What airline link do you click on to see them. It doesn't matter what the name on your ID says. The only thing that matters is how much money is in your pay check and retirement accounts. If it is as much as DELTA it doesn't matter. If it isn't then the "connection" be it small letters or not matter a lot. Just my $.02. Call your self whatever you want, but if your not makeing well over $100k a year "connection" matters alot.

If you look at it that way then I want to be at Southwest. I hear some of there pilots are making almost 500,000 dollars . What does a Delta pilot make 180?

I guess That is why the Delta pilots are so jellous of the Southwest pilots.

If I go fly for mother Delta, will I be required to drull over the Southwest pilots?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back