• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and the DC-9s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This has nothing to do with the current debate but I talked with BB the other day and he says all furlough bypass guys back off the street this fall and Mesaba and CPS guys in class by January, just a trickle at first and no off the street guys for "a while". Also GUM plans are ready to go and he expects them to pull the trigger on it this summer.

This has nothing to do with the current debate but I talked with BB the other day and he says all furlough bypass guys back off the street this fall and Mesaba and CPS guys in class by January, just a trickle at first and no off the street guys for "a while". Also GUM plans are ready to go and he expects them to pull the trigger on it this summer.

Latest rumor floating around the MSP training center is that we're planning to hire 300 pilots in the next 12 months.

Well the guy I talked to is the new hire coordinator and he's pretty straight forward, the 300 sounds about right if you look at the number of guys on furlough bypass and then take the rest from Mesaba and Compass....that would be allowed to flow in the next 12 months and the total adds up to around 300 or so.

Andy;
That is what they are shooting for, but I also expect that to change one the ball gets rolling.

So between deliveries and parking planes, we will be -20 or so, yet people think there will be hiring, interesting.

You're not taking into consideration the increased utilization of the aircraft that will be staying. New Routes that are coming, bases, etc ;)

Also by the end of this year we'll be 3 years into the age 65 rule change thus its expected that we'll be seeing more and more retirements as we move forward. Plus the staffing for the Guam and md-90's havent be accounted for either.

Actually there's alot that hasnt been accounted for yet :beer:

Who is this guy yapping about the -190 all the time?

I think that this profession needs more airplanes that are old, loud, put out a lot of thick black smoke, rattle all the windows and set off car alarms for miles around, have steam gauges and pilots that say "unable" when they get cleared direct somewhere.

The real difference is... you could put a steam gauge pilot in an RJ and they will figure out how to fly it. Put an RJ glass cockpit guy in an old dial-a-saurus and they couldn't fly their way out of a paper-bag with all of those switches and dials everywhere. One takes a pilot.. the other takes a video game dork.

Just my .02

Look. The entire -9 fleet will be retired by the end of next year. When have you ever listened to what mgt said and believed them! Next year they will come up with a great cost savings plan. Kill CVG, replace the -9's with MD-88's from CVG, etc.... and someone will get a huge bonus for previously unforseen cost benefits! don't fool yourself about hiring.

CVG has 29 flights a day. The CVG utilization of those a/c is just not enough to cover the 9 flying.

Problem is that unless we allow more RJ's the network becomes very inefficient by cutting it much lower.

So is the flow through set up so that they can just flow people or will it have to be in conjunction with hiring off the street (if we need new guys)?

Latest resources

Back