Delta and Freedom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyBoeingJets said:
All this makes my head hurt. Delta has a high quality feed from Comair but I wonder if the public values its quality over other operations.

After last christmas, do you believe the public considers Comair to have a higher quality of service than other Delta connections?

Traderd said:
After last christmas, do you believe the public considers Comair to have a higher quality of service than other Delta connections?

I have not flown all regionals. Don't know for sure. But I believe Comair is one of the best.

FlyBoeingJets said:
I have not flown all regionals. Don't know for sure. But I believe Comair is one of the best.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Air Transport Association name Mesa as Regional Airline of the year?

Wesb737fo said:
I would hope that people can distinguish between the "FREEDOM" and "MESA" guys. I would love to see a Freedom guy on the jumpseat. It would be a very enjoyable experience.
We need to be clear on a few things here.

After the contract, all Freedom airplanes AND pilots were moved over to the Mesa Certificate. So- at this time, you can not tell the difference between a pilot who did go to Freedom or who chose to stay at Mesa.

The new aircraft which will be flying on the Freedom certificate will be flying there do to Delta's Scope clause and the Mesa CRJ-900 aircraft on the Mesa Certificate.

Any Mesa pilot may bid to fly the Delta code-sharing aircraft which will be on the Freedom Certificate. In no way are these pilot the same pilots which flew the Freedom Certificate before. You will not be able to tell via ID card who is who.

All Mesa Air Group flying is now flown by Mesa Pilots. In no way is this a reinstatement of the previous Freedom or a move like GoJet.

Empennage said:
We need to be clear on a few things here.

After the contract, all Freedom airplanes AND pilots were moved over to the Mesa Certificate. So- at this time, you can not tell the difference between a pilot who did go to Freedom or who chose to stay at Mesa.

I beg to differ...want the list?

More info needed

Empennage and other MESA pilots

First off, thanks for all the jumpseats ... you guys have been great carrying me back and forth to work. I agree that a jumpseater who is trying to get to and from work shouldn't be held hostage to management decisions at his/her company. Can you expand on the Freedom issue? I know the guys that jumped ship before were warned ahead of time and most knew the stakes, but jumped anyway. Their lot in life now. If I remember correctly a few of the students in the training academy were stuck with no choice and they were forgiven. Is the operation of jets under the Freedom certificate (now for Delta) ok with your MEC ... IE is it really MESA with just another label. I thought all the Freedom A/C had been returned to MESA and really the only asset they had now was the "certificate"

<<Make sure you know the difference between the pilots who work for Mesa and the ones who screwed over the Mesa pilots by jumping over to Freedom.>>

There are a lot of guys at Mesa that will not want to move to the Freedom certificate, because of the stigma associated with the a55hats that made the leap a couple of years ago. That will likely force many junior captains and FO's over to that certificate. Not only will they have to suffer the penalties of having that cert. on their resume, when the uninformed make judgement on their work history, but will likely be suffering on their commutes.

A lot of good pilots are caught up in a Lorenzo-type management at Mesa. Between that and a comparatively young contract maturity compared to the rest of the regionals, consider yourself lucky where you are. Please careful as to who you are crapping on. There are a lot of guys at Mesa who have paid some serious dues...including J4J guys from USAirways, United. We all have our PFT's, etc...but not everybody has an Orenstein.

Thanks for listening. - Checknsix

DashCojones said:
Yes and so should you.

Again...all pilots and aircraft were transferred. You can not tell just via ID card anymore who is who. Keep your list and use if, if you would like, to decifer which pilot with Mesa IDs went to the old Freedom.

My point is...do not deny a Freedom pilot a jumpseat because he is holding a Freedom ID card. He is just a Mesa pilot who bid the new Delta spot. Your list would indicate whether he was a "former" Freedom pilot. Better yet - just ask your jumpseater to show you his Mesa Contract and see where he was flying when the CBA was signed.

on the other matter...

YES...it's OK WITH THE MEC to bid the Freedom flying. All the MEC wanted in negotiations is all Mesa Air Group flying to be flown by Mesa pilots. No more alter-ego or runaway shops.

This was solved with the CBA. Since then, all pilots and aircraft were moved to the Mesa Certificate. This is now the first use of the Freedom Certificate and the planes will be flown by Mesa pilots, unlike GoJet. It's the same thing as Chat and Repub.

Checknsix A lot of good pilots are caught up in a Lorenzo-type management at Mesa. [/QUOTE said:
Excellent point. There are a great many good pilots at Mesa who are working hard to enforce their contract and improve on it. Mesa Air Group pilots, more than most, recognize the need for strong contract compliance, protecting the right to collective bargaining, the importance of scope and other issues which effect this profession. Mesa pilots also don't just play lip service to protecting this profession, but they also put their money where their mouth is and have the highest ALPA-PAC support rate of any ALPA regional carrier.:)

DashCojones said:
Sorry Man...I misread your statement.

The list would indicate. But again my point was on the matter of ID card. Also - no Official list was ever issued. So, I'm not sure what you have.

If you have any question...just look at a Mesa Pilot's contract. LOA 1 and the attached Sen. List.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back