Delta and Freedom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mookie said:
"It is a 12 year agreement, and that may come in handy if Ornstein needs to bail us out....?"

Yeah and hopefully they'll be CatII so they can get your buddy out of SUN and replace the SkyWest s....bs. You truly are an Enigma, Genral. (leaving out the e was not a mistake).

Mookie

Thanks Kookie. It will be interesting to see what Mesa's role will be, which could be a replacement airline eventually.(maybe a change in SLC??---pure speculation there) Watching all of the Majors pay go down wasn't fun, but didn't you think it may happen more on the regional side? Look at Alaska---they weren't doing that bad at all, and the arbitrator ripped them a new one. Everyone, unfortunately, will lose some pay here. Sad but true.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Here we go again................ Fun industry

Now watch Delta management pit Mesa pay vs. ASA and Comair pay - now you have the "perfect" comparable for pay negotiations with similar aircraft used....

Here's the scenario: Delta threatens to give more flying to Mesa (or CHQ or SA) unless ASA and Comair become more cost "competitive." If I were a Comair pilot, I'd pray for a spin off - get away from this mess....... ASA pilots should also be sucking up to their Skywest pals and hoping for a merger. Good times - I should have applied to Law School years ago (make huge bucks as an ALPA attorney)...

Heavy Set said:
Good times - I should have applied to Law School years ago (make huge bucks as an ALPA attorney)...

Isn't that the truth!! This industry is going from bad to worse with no relief in sight.

I was told by an ASA pilot that Skip Barnet said that ASA would have 50 seaters in SLC by the end of the Summer. Throw in some more Mesa CRJs, and that could be interesting for Skywest, who initially said they might be interested in buying ASA or Comair (helping DL), but recently said they "weren't as interested now." Don't pi$$ off Mama! (All speculation, mind you!!)

Bye Bye--General Lee

There's very little doubt that ASA 50-seaters are going to go to SLC. I would bet a 50-seat crewbase develops within 12 months or less.

If ASA increases 50-seat flying in SLC and Mesa starts DCI flying out west also, what will become of Skywest.

The Mesa news is certainly not good for the ASA pilots, nor anyone else for that matter.

I wonder if the ASA/Skywest pilots are going to welcome the Mesa pilots to their jumpseats or if weight/balance will end up preventing it in many cases (as I expect it might).

I would hope that people can distinguish between the "FREEDOM" and "MESA" guys. I would love to see a Freedom guy on the jumpseat. It would be a very enjoyable experience.

Regardless, it's still a "cost plus" operation with Mesa. You get what you pay for..........Until regionals operate on a per person basis, instead of a per flight basis, the Mesa's of the worls will still be profitable.

General Lee said:
I just woke up and I really don't know much yet. I don't even know where they would be used, and it doesn't look like they will use the Dorniers. I don't know yet. It is a 12 year agreement, and that may come in handy if Ornstein needs to bail us out....?

Bye Bye--General Lee

How would Ornstein bail DAL out?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back