• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta AirElite/Segrave Pegasus Elite Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In your, or anyones, opinion....How accurate is their generic job posting that states you have to be current and preferrably have time in type?
As cheap as JS and the Puddle Pirate are? Very.

I find it hard to believe they just filled a class with 23 or so guys that are all already typed in a certain a/c.And are current.......maybe I'm wrong though?
I believe it.

I've got a couple corporate jet types, but doubt that DPJ has many 400's or X's....

Thanks....

I think there were 3 x's and a few 400s...2-3 maybe?

-mini

I am sure there are a few DHL guys with WIA funds of the 23 new guys. Just got a 3rd Beechjet. I think there are 3 X's.

I left DPJ a while ago for a career job. They had 2 Citation Xs when I left. You know what they say about a monkey and a football, that's how this place is run. You will be sorry very shortly after you start. You have been warned, others had not heeded my warnings and they rue the day that they signed that 4 year revolving training contract.

Run Run Far Away

Yea.. the revolving training contract. You never get out from under the damn thing. Every recurrent they make you sign a new one. They want you to feel that if you leave they will come after you for $$$$$.

What's with the CP of Delta Air Elite? Kind of a strange guy. Very combative phone interview I had with him. Making me answer "yes sir" instead of "yeah" or "yup", etc. I should have told him I will answer "yes sir" when the starting salary at least gets into the 50's. :)

What's with the CP of Delta Air Elite? Kind of a strange guy. Very combative phone interview I had with him. Making me answer "yes sir" instead of "yeah" or "yup", etc. I should have told him I will answer "yes sir" when the starting salary at least gets into the 50's. :)

That wasn't the CP. That was probably Mr. Woods, the Dir. of Safety. He is former law enforcement and likes to see how candidates react under pressure. Regardless, a professional does not respond "yeah", "yup", "naw", and "nope" during interviews anyways. "Yes sir" and "no sir" should be common responses on an interview.

While I'm all for proper respect and courtesy, and agree responses should be "Yes" and "No" not "yup" and "naw"...requiring a candidate to address you as "Sir" in a job interview is stupid; correcting them if they don't is even stupider.

This isn't freshman year of college ROTC, this isn't a subordinate speaking with a senior officer in the military, and it isn't a police academy - its a civilian flying job, reportedly one that doesn't pay very well at that. Let's not make things more complicated than they need to be.

If you want the job, you jump through the hoops...every place of employment is like that. But you shouldn't have to stroke someone's ego during the consideration process...

When I was based next door to them at CVG flying freight I went to see Ed for a "pre-interview" for when a Lear FO spot came open. First thing he showed me was his diploma from the FBI academy. It was all downhill from there. I got the "yes sir" spiel too, but the kickers were the pay (35k to start with minimal raises) and the schedule (basically on call 24/7 the days you're on but don't have anything scheduled). When I asked how you could be on call like that under 135 he said and I quote "we're legal". What this really means is that if they don't call you're in rest, if they do pick up the phone and be a team player. I asked how it worked if they called at an odd hour or you had been awake forever since there's no schedule and the gist of it was you could turn down a trip if you were tired but the inference was if you did that it may be detrimental to your career there. Good stuff!

Latest resources

Back