• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta AirElite/Segrave Pegasus Elite Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good for you. Glad you took a stand. Eventually things will have to go back to the way they were with attrition at 15%.

I'd have to imagine the folks who care aren't going to continue to let JS run through $200k-$500k/month for much longer.

...but I was thinking that about 6 months ago when we were trying to convince the owner to switch certificates. I guess those "guaranteed hours" were too much of a carrot.

-mini

Every time I get a piece of mail from DPJ in the office talking about having our "under utilized" Part 91 aircraft earn guaranteed charter revenue, I rip it up and toss it in the trash...

Also, many of these 'under utilized' aircraft are also for sale. No big surprise there. It sucks being tied to a tail that is for sale!

Also, many of these 'under utilized' aircraft are also for sale. No big surprise there. It sucks being tied to a tail that is for sale!

Not when the owner is out of his mind...like asking $2.995m for a 10 year old airframe with >5,000 hours that can probably be picked up brand new for < $7m.

Oh the fun we have in this industry.

-mini

What do I heart?

I heart picking up a new job in "better" equipment (better equipped & maintained than the owner/boss-man was doing) with 30% better pay and a "better" schedule.......and then finding out your former boss-man is your sim partner at recurrent. The recurrent you don't have to sign a training contract for.

If he wouldn't have pushed the training contract issue, I'd have still been there on the DPJ certificate. What a shame.

-mini

I count the days till the orgianl mangement over and Segrave Aviation is purged from DPJ, and if not I feel no love loss if they drag them thru the rabbit hole with them. I hope that things will turn for them, for the pilots sake, but if not I hope all the pilots find greener fields and people get the clue, maybe thats not a good place to be.

Well said. The business model is a good conept. The customers are very happy with the service. However the front line employees are bending over backwards. At some point this will break. 23 pilots were hired in june due to attrition. Hopefully someone in ATL will throw the red flag and say," why are our front line people leaving and why are our training costs so high?" When JS has to answer this to ATL hopefully change will come.

Well said. The business model is a good conept. The customers are very happy with the service. However the front line employees are bending over backwards. At some point this will break. 23 pilots were hired in june due to attrition. Hopefully someone in ATL will throw the red flag and say," why are our front line people leaving and why are our training costs so high?" When JS has to answer this to ATL hopefully change will come.

Where are they (the guys leaving) going? Other 135/91 or did some get picked up by SWA/JB?

I've got an app in at DPJ (before anyone bashes, I'm furloughed NJA, and it would be for family reasons, not for the specific job... I already know the place is substandard)....

How many pilots does DPJ have?

Each has their own different reason for leaving. QOL seems to be the biggest. I would guess there are about 100 pilots. Some pilots did come with their managed plane. But that is another story.

Each has their own different reason for leaving. QOL seems to be the biggest. I would guess there are about 100 pilots. Some pilots did come with their managed plane. But that is another story.

My wife's friend knows a guy who just got hired by DPJ.. I assume he was one of the 23 or so new guys.... Apparently he drove up to CVG and walked in to hand his stuff in...I could possibly do something like that on our next visit home to my wifes place, seeing how we used to live 2 miles from the airport!!...

In your, or anyones, opinion....How accurate is their generic job posting that states you have to be current and preferrably have time in type?

I find it hard to believe they just filled a class with 23 or so guys that are all already typed in a certain a/c.And are current.......maybe I'm wrong though?

I've got a couple corporate jet types, but doubt that DPJ has many 400's or X's....

Thanks....

Latest resources

Back