Delta Air Lines reports a wider third-quarter loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're welcome CRJ....
Delta STILL let's your bottom-feeder fly OUR passengers, so congrats!!! You have a job.....

It's sad you got turned down, but let it go!!!

You're welcome CRJ....
Delta STILL let's your bottom-feeder fly OUR passengers, so congrats!!! You have a job.....

It's sad you got turned down, but let it go!!!

It's sad you will be in BK again in a couple of years, but "let it go."

"Certain items" like "synergy." I have stated it a million times-anyone who falls for that silly "synergy" B.S. is a fool. No one who can figure out what the hell a balance sheet is about would buy into that line for a minute.

-What happened to the promises of profits, which were just around the corner if oil prices just dropped back below $100? What about the fact that they were about $60 for this entire quarter-the supposedly most profitable one of the year?

-Maybe some of this is related to the fact that the stock has gone absolutely nowhere since the IPO. Maybe pilots don't agree with me, but investors with enough money to affect the stock price sure as hell do.

Sorry you were and never will be hired at Delta.

Try to do something more constructive with your time, rather than trying to bash this company OVER and OVER incessantly.

A lot of employees are trying to make this thing work. In addition, they are also fearful of what is to come because of the economy. Nowhere in your diatribe do you mention the fact that there has been a downturn in the global economic environment. Instead you choose to castigate this company because it makes you feel good.

Are you going to be there to praise us when we turn this thing around? I am willing to bet you will find a way to tear it all down. BUt I may be wrong. I hope not for your sake.

Sorry you were and never will be hired at Delta.

Try to do something more constructive with your time, rather than trying to bash this company OVER and OVER incessantly.

A lot of employees are trying to make this thing work. In addition, they are also fearful of what is to come because of the economy. Nowhere in your diatribe do you mention the fact that there has been a downturn in the global economic environment. Instead you choose to castigate this company because it makes you feel good.

Are you going to be there to praise us when we turn this thing around? I am willing to bet you will find a way to tear it all down. BUt I may be wrong. I hope not for your sake.

I castigate because I think this merger was a huge mistake. NWA mgmt. is wrecking a once-great airline, and it uses cheap parlor tricks like this one to pull it off.

It is unfortunate for your company, but the economy is not the reason you are losing so much money. If anyone at DAL had any sense, they would be working on the board every day for changes at the top. The current guys will drive you into the ground if they are at the helm long enough.

-Believe it now, or find it impossibble to ignore later-I really don't care. Fact is you are screwed as long as these guys run the show.

Way to go Delta! Looks like the Genital was right. Those international routes are really starting to kick in. Wait until Song is at full speed. You guys can't be stopped! From losing money that is.

Perhaps another round of pay cuts will help. I'm sure you guys are already sugesting them. Or if mgt hints at them, you'll gladly grab your ankles and take another one for Song...er....Delta!

BTW, "Excluding certain items, it recorded an adjusted profit of $51 million, or 6 cents a share in the latest quarter."

Please every press release that delta has put out in the last 9 years has basically said that they would have bought america excluding special charges, special writedowns, special this special that... They are experts at shining $hit

Please every press release that delta has put out in the last 9 years has basically said that they would have bought america excluding special charges, special writedowns, special this special that... They are experts at shining $hit

I like the way you boiled it all down. Sad state of affairs.

Latest resources

Back