Delta Air Lines reports a wider third-quarter loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hoover84

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Delta Air Lines Inc. /quotes/comstock/13*!dal/quotes/nls/dal (DAL 8.33, -0.69, -7.65%) reported a third-quarter loss Thursday of $161 million, or 19 cents a share, compared to a loss of $50 million, or 13 cents a share, in the year-ago period. On an adjusted basis, the Atlanta carrier said it earned 6 cents a share. Analysts polled by FactSet Research were looking for a loss of 5 cents a share, on average. Total operating revenue declined 21% to $7.6 billion.

Yep RA's "Synergies" are really kicking in now!!!!!

-Sky is the limit! Be sure to grab yours before this stock goes a rocket trip to the moon!

http://www.ajc.com/news/delta-reports-161-million-169398.html

(It is turning out just like every other airline mega-merger.... I hate to say "I told you so," but damn if I didn't.)

-"Synergy"-

Last edited:
BTW, "Excluding certain items, it recorded an adjusted profit of $51 million, or 6 cents a share in the latest quarter."

BTW, "Excluding certain items, it recorded an adjusted profit of $51 million, or 6 cents a share in the latest quarter."

"Certain items" like "synergy." I have stated it a million times-anyone who falls for that silly "synergy" B.S. is a fool. No one who can figure out what the hell a balance sheet is about would buy into that line for a minute.

-What happened to the promises of profits, which were just around the corner if oil prices just dropped back below $100? What about the fact that they were about $60 for this entire quarter-the supposedly most profitable one of the year?

-Maybe some of this is related to the fact that the stock has gone absolutely nowhere since the IPO. Maybe pilots don't agree with me, but investors with enough money to affect the stock price sure as hell do.

In the article, Delta talks about reducing capacity 3% in 2010 vs 2009. Have these reductions been announced previously or these new reductions? Domestic or international capacity reductions?

Yep RA's "Synergies" are really kicking in now!!!!!

-Sky is the limit! Be sure to grab yours before this stock goes a rocket trip to the moon!

http://www.ajc.com/news/delta-reports-161-million-169398.html

(It is turning out just like every other airline mega-merger.... I hate to say "I told you so," but damn if I didn't.)

-"Synergy"-

I hate to say I told you so, but you really are a horses ass!
Considering that the stock has doubled since March of 09, I'd say that my investment has made me more money in 7 months than you have made giving out BJ's at $5 a pop, for the past 10 years!
Your persistance is noted, and laughed at.
Now get back to the fryer junior boy. I'm sure you boss doesn't like you on the Wendy's office computer during your break!

"Certain items" like "synergy." I have stated it a million times-anyone who falls for that silly "synergy" B.S. is a fool. No one who can figure out what the hell a balance sheet is about would buy into that line for a minute.

-What happened to the promises of profits, which were just around the corner if oil prices just dropped back below $100? What about the fact that they were about $60 for this entire quarter-the supposedly most profitable one of the year?

-Maybe some of this is related to the fact that the stock has gone absolutely nowhere since the IPO. Maybe pilots don't agree with me, but investors with enough money to affect the stock price sure as hell do.

Have you had your head up your a$$ for the last 2 years genius? It's called a recession. Yields were down for all airlines, even SWA barely made money. Compare to the other majors, I'll take this all day long, especially our cash position. As far as investors, if you put money into airline stocks, I have a hard time calling someone an investor. Back to the RJ with you, enjoy!

Once again, we see complete B.S. accounting at work. Some of these charges were related to "imparment of goodwill."

-Lest anyone here not be familiar with how this works-DAL claim a huge amount of "goodwill" as an asset to get the merger through-now it looks like it is time for some of this "goodwill" to need to be taken off the books-legally.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2008-07-16-delta-q1-reuters_N.htm

So, let's see-we just make up a completely intangible asset, assign a completely arbitrary value to that asset, claim it as an asset to fool congress into approving the merger, but wait-now it has to come off the books, and this time, this little accounting gimmick is the bane of profitability. (This may be legal for large corporations, but if you or I did anything like this on our taxes, we would be in jail PDQ.) Plus-it is a silly parlor trick. I guess RA and DS fooled who he needed to fool-for now.

How many times are you people gonna keeping making lame excuses for this type of leadership? RA is just running a scam, and not a very good one.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back