• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Air Lines reports a wider third-quarter loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That trickle is the 50 seat RJ's not the mainline.....besides, if Delta goes out in BK, where will you be able to put on your uniform to impress the fat chicks?? You seem to think we keep you down, but we are the ones letting you fly our pax.

Mr. Cart I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Horse!

Here is how "cash on hand" works, Captain Einstein:

-Your credit processors require you to have a certain percentage on hand to cover their losses in the event you happen to bankrupt on their asses. You see, cash on hand may seem like a good thing, and it would be for personal or small business finance.

The problem with large corprations is "cash on hand" can be viewed as a type of credit rating. While it is not technically the same thing, it is a great reflection of how much faith the credit card folks have that a company will not BK on them, and leave them hanging. These guys require companies to increase this cash proportionally to percieved BK risk-this cash goes mostly to the credit card guys (and some other creditors-in this case there are many) in the event of a BK.

So, to enlighten people like Peaknuckle: Keeping an increasing apercentage of cash on hand to make the credit guys happy means an increasing risk of BK. Not such a good reflection of financial health.

-These credit card guys know what they are doing, they know what risks they are dealing with, and they sure as hell don't fall for this lame "synergy-goodwill writedown" crap so many of you can't figure out.

-Now you know. Do with this knowledge what you wish-wash away any hint of enlightenment with the sweet nectar of KoolAid, if it floats your boat.

Last edited:
CRJ567, true to a point, but we are not required to keep 5+ billion in unrestricted cash on hand for that. 3 billion maybe.

CRJ567, true to a point, but we are not required to keep 5+ billion in unrestricted cash on hand for that. 3 billion maybe.

100% of cash on hand is never to please the credit card guys, but an increase in cash on hand during the same quarter as the company posts a loss could be for no other reason.

100% of cash on hand is never to please the credit card guys, but an increase in cash on hand during the same quarter as the company posts a loss could be for no other reason.

How about the fact that they just refinanced over two billion in debt. There was some extra cash to that deal

How about the fact that they just refinanced over two billion in debt. There was some extra cash to that deal

Why do you waste your time with that sniveling POS. Can't you see his hatred for Delta is because of his mom and the 5 guys he calls dad.
Those 5 guys are Delta pilots who all threw in $20 for a night with some strange, and the result is the brith of crj567.
Don't worry ACL, he's scared, I'd be too since DAL is making these cancer stricken DCI carriers park more crj's, meaning crj567 will likely be out of a flying job soon. He might just have to hand out more BJ's to supplement that income!:laugh:

Brother, I get it, but when half truths about this kind of thing float to the top, I cannot help by give the boy a few degrees of course correction.

Yep-Borrowing more money to put off loans it can't pay now. (At least not with unrestricted cash.)

-The real genius part will be the purchase of JAL. Borrowing money at 9% to nearly 12% interest to bolster cash reserves and purchase yet another money-losing operation.

-All while posting a loss quarter after quarter and year after year-Pure Genius!

a quick shout-out to the Delta, JetBlue, and SWA guys on this forum. Nice to see people who actually have a positive outlook, and maybe even a little bit of pride. It's refreshing in this beat down industry. I only pity crj567 and his like.

a quick shout-out to the Delta, JetBlue, and SWA guys on this forum. Nice to see people who actually have a positive outlook, and maybe even a little bit of pride. It's refreshing in this beat down industry. I only pity crj567 and his like.

You said it yourself... "Beat-down industry" is very correct. The whole industry is circling the drain-and the primary reason is that the guys at the top of almost every airline get paid many millions to scam investors, employees, contractors, suppliers, and everyone else they can think of into trusting that they are not doing something detrimental to the comapny's future.

-I am no longer fooled by this lame crap.

Latest resources

Back