• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Air Lines reports a wider third-quarter loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You might also want to take a moment and realize that the airlines of today are not designed to make gobs of money. They are the host for all of the fleas to suck off of.

Whatever do you mean, ACL? If you are making the point that politicans (and public perception) have turned the entire industry into a smoking Greyhound bus, I probably agree with you.

-Unfortunately, the business sense of such a model is none too persuasive to potential investors.

Whatever do you mean, ACL? If you are making the point that politicans (and public perception) have turned the entire industry into a smoking Greyhound bus, I probably agree with you.

-Unfortunately, the business sense of such a model is none too persuasive to potential investors.

nevermind!

In August, Delta said it planned to cut more management and administrative jobs but didn't say how many. CEO Richard Anderson told employees that Delta has seen its revenue stream decline by billions of dollars because of the weak economy and the drop-off in demand for air travel. Delta has also said it plans to cut international capacity by 15% starting in September. It will also adjust the international routes it serves, the number of flights offered and the size of planes it uses next summer as it seeks to return to profitability.
Delta ended the quarter with $5.8 billion in unrestricted liquidity, including $5.5 billion in cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments and $300 million available in a revolving credit line.
Delta remains on track with its integration of Northwest under its wing and expects to receive a single operating certificate from the FAA by the end of the year.

Question, 15% international capacity reduction? This has been announced before correct? These reduction numbers are so confusing.

Cash position increased from 5.4 billion to 5.8 billion.

I'm okay with that.

That reminds me of Kevin Bacon in Animal House...."REMAIN CALM! ALL IS WELL!"
Jeez crj567, when you sign in as both usernames on 1 thread it makes you a bigger azzwipe than you already are.
Now, I'm sure you have some $5 BJ's to be giving out in the men's room at the ATL airport.
Make sure and wear that ASA uniform proudly!:laugh:

O.K., Champ, if "Cash on hand" is so easy to play with, and such a discretionary item, why did it not wind up in the "profit" column?

(I know the correct answer-and it has a lot to do with things which lead to bankruptcy.)

-Choose to look at this however you wish, but that little trickle back in the engine room ain't getting no smaller.

That trickle is the 50 seat RJ's not the mainline.....besides, if Delta goes out in BK, where will you be able to put on your uniform to impress the fat chicks?? You seem to think we keep you down, but we are the ones letting you fly our pax.

Mr. Cart I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Horse!

Latest resources

Back